panasonic 37pv500 colour banding

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by ringtons, Nov 2, 2005.

1. ringtons

ringtons
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this is my first plasma and i,am noticicing the colour looks strange on some channels (e.g lost on e4) and on close ups on peoples faces is this normal for plasma or is it down to channels

2. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed it along with blocking on my telewest cable when I first set up my 42PV500....its advisable to take the screen out of dynamic mode and turn down the brightness and contrast below 50% (ie run in periold) and turning down settings will help (read the sticky at the top on the PV500 re run in period to find out more if you are not already doing so)...also as the TV beds down the picture really improves alot....how is other inputs such as DVD ringtons out of interest
    To get back to your question I think you will find it is simply a combination of the TV settling in and your TV showing up the imperfections of broadcasts :)

3. AndyH

AndyH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Good summary -

I know what you mean, and Lost always seems a classic example (Spooks as well we've found).

I believe it is partly due to relatively low bit rate, so roll on proper HD. For me the most improvement came from running in with very low contrast and brightness. Then upping the brightness to the point where blacks remain black etc etc.

4. ringtons

ringtons
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers for that .thought it was just me. The component connection for my dvd is great.The only other thing i cant seem to work is the sd slot it just wont show my pictures no matter what format ther in :hiya: