Panasonic 37LZD800 v Sony 40W3000 Which is Better?

alecf1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Anyone had chance to compare the 37LZD800 and 40W3000? I saw the LZD85 in JL yesterday and picture was superb, even if just showing Open Season blueray, compared to other systems off same feed. But I feel I would really miss the PIP feature on the LZD85. I have an old LG32LX2R and feel I'm just missing out on the quality I should be getting with Sky HD and PS3.
Thanks

Between the two the 37LZD800 is a better model,but if you want to be fair you have to wait for the new 40W4000 which comes in a few days at the same price around

We shall see

I would go for the panny - sony are good but over priced imho. I would very much doubt there would be much difference between the new sony 4000series or the panny lxd800 except £200-£500 more for the sony.:D Bearing in mind that the LXD800 is pannys premium lcd you would have to compare it to sonys premium the 'x' series i.e the 40X3000 or 40X3500 - that would be fairer! The styling on the 4000 is quite ugly, grey boxy and a bit old hat, the panny is a good looking stylish set. In the looks and style department you have to compare it to the sony X series.

Pana

-better sound and an extra hdmi.
-100hz, but it's undefeatable, so I don't know if I'm listing that as a pro or con :) So many problems on threads seem to be resolved by turning this feature off. (on the samsungs for example)
- possibly a faster response time for gaming (usual for ips vs s-pva)

Sony

probably better black levels (usual for s-pva vs ips )

Stuck between these 2, the tosh zf40 and the samsung 656 myself. A frustrating waiting game.

I would go for the panny - sony are good but over priced imho. I would very much doubt there would be much difference between the new sony 4000series or the panny lxd800 except £200-£500 more for the sony.:D Bearing in mind that the LXD800 is pannys premium lcd you would have to compare it to sonys premium the 'x' series i.e the 40X3000 or 40X3500 - that would be fairer! The styling on the 4000 is quite ugly, grey boxy and a bit old hat, the panny is a good looking stylish set. In the looks and style department you have to compare it to the sony X series.

Nope I dont agree with you.Yeah the LZD800 is a premium set but also the W4000 is a mid-high set.To all apects the W4000 may be better than X3500 the top line(apart the 100Hz missing).The little bit more expensive is going to change this year.The design its a more like personal subject but the design is very good.Look at it live before attacking to sony for trying to offer alternative to the glossy screen mania.

Nope I dont agree with you.Yeah the LZD800 is a premium set but also the W4000 is a mid-high set.To all apects the W4000 may be better than X3500 the top line(apart the 100Hz missing).The little bit more expensive is going to change this year.The design its a more like personal subject but the design is very good.Look at it live before attacking to sony for trying to offer alternative to the glossy screen mania.

You say it yourself "apart from 100Hz missing" Like I said you have to compare like for like. If you want a sony with all the features and style and picture quality of the panny you need to go for the X series and shellout an extra £500 for 3 more inches!
You may not agree or like it but it is a fact and a true one at that. I know you always support sony and you have your opinion but sometimes you have to agree other people can be right too;)

Yeah of course I agree that if you want the full features you have to get the X3500.However this doesnt mean the W4000 will be better at some aspects than X3500

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom