Panasonic 37 inch OLED TV Could Release This Year

hodg100

Distinguished Member
We've already called Panasonic out on their reticence to show any product during their Press Conference but it seems they were hiding even more. Talk about hiding their lights under a bushel. In a reporters briefing Panasonic Corp President, Fumio Ohtsubo, said they could release an OLED TV as early as this year.

"Unfortunately we weren't able to show one at the show this time, but we are certainly developing it. I can't say exactly when, but if Samsung and LG put theirs out this year we will try and make sure we are not too late."

attachment.php

Interestingly this corroborates reports in the Japanese press, earlier in the week, that Panasonic were gearing up their plant in Himeji for full production of 37" OLED TVs. It also backs up statements from Panasonic Executives made in 2009, albeit a little later than projected back then.

You didn't have to show us anything Panny, just a few words would have gone a long way!

Attachments

• panasonic-37-inch-oled-tv.jpg
    panasonic-37-inch-oled-tv.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 4,101
Last edited:

Jon P

"could" but probably not. Good news that they are working on it but the lack of anything physically at the show suggests that they're not particularly close. But here's hoping for a good presentation from them at ces 2013.

natsume

Standard Member
why just 37 inch, i hope that they make larger screens by this year.
by the way Panasonic girls are as their TVs, less provocative and more decent than LG and Samsung ones:laugh:

TimmyBee86

"if others release this year, we will bodge all we can and cut corners so we do too..."
That's how I read that article. Am I being cynical?

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
"if others release this year, we will bodge all we can and cut corners so we do too..."
That's how I read that article. Am I being cynical?

Maybe a little, but with how manufacturers have been the past few years i can't blame you. ;)

Aaron

Kalos Geros

Really! I was wandering whether Panasonic have even been developing OLED and now this comes out...37"?....probably too expensive for Average Joe to jump on the OLED bandwagon, with connoisseurs aiming at LG's and Samsung's big OLED screens...however, if it were affordable enough, it could be successful in the said connoisseur's bedroom...

ls35a

Standard Member
If the big OLED's are over five grand (and I fully expect them to be) and this one is under three grand I can see some 'early adopters' popping for this for a bedroom system while they wait for prices to drop.

I think when the price info hits on these sets it's going to be pretty shocking (and not in a good way).

vaktmestern

Banned
Great that there sign of smaller oleds than 55 aswell

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
Could really do with bigger than 37" but i guess i'll just have to sit closer!

willyboy1978

Standard Member
Who is best place get 65 inch from

I've see one on eBay 2011 price grabber is selling one boxed new sealed unopened he sent me pictures says £3400 I offered. £3000

He says he will accept. £3000

But I have to pay via PayPal or collect

What do you think

Type in Panasonic 65 inch on eBay

Name is sham Singh from 2011 price grabber says I he 5" year warranty too but he has to fill out paper work

What you guys think???

vaktmestern

Banned
Hoping this screen will show up in 2013 as the 55 lg n samsung is going to become to exspensive i rather have a smaller oled screen than any led or plasma atm

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for June 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Triangle announces new wireless Borea Active bookshelf speakers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Cleer Audio announces Arc earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
iFi Audio launches new Go bar portable DAC/headphone amp