1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 36PL30 - Power failure!!??

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by rik, Jan 26, 2003.

1. rik

rik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have owned the above TV for just over a year. Faultless manners, great picture. After a session of FIFA on the XBOX, last night, it was turned off as usual!!
    This morning, powered the main TV switch as normal, then the standby button to turn it on.
    All that happens is the red standby light goes off as normal, followed by a rythmic clicking from the back of the TV, and after 5 seconds, the red standby light goes back on!?

All I'm asking is that any users who have encountered the problem, either personally or by being an engineer, could speculate as to the cause, as it is Sunday and there is probably real football on, but without Sky, I can't check! Aaahhhh!

TIA Rik

2. rik

rik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just an up really!

Will post tomorrow with any more details.

Rik

3. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,264
    The rythmic clicking is known as tripping (nothing to do with drugs) and usually indicates some sort of power supply problem. Try a full reset by powering off at the mains. If this doesn't work, it's usually time to call an engineer.

4. rik

rik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, thats just what it sounds like. There's normally a little click before the screen comes on. Only now it sounds like it's having trouble starting?? (Like a fluorescent tube when the starter has gone)

Rik