1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 36PL30 and 36PB50

Discussion in 'TVs' started by marbles, Sep 4, 2002.

Tags:
  1. marbles

marbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apart from the sound and speakers, does anyone know if there are any differences between the Panasonic PL30 and PB50 that will affect my viewing pleasure? I have received conflicting information from different retailers and am not sure which to believe. Thanks

2. Orson

Orson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +675
    I think the differences are:

1 - Remote on PB50 will operate TV, VCR & DVD (if Qlink etc is used), where on the PL30 it doesn't operate the DVD.

2 - Multi Window features - the PB50 does PIP. POP, PAP & PAT, where the PL30 only does PAT.

3 - The PB50 has channel 'strobe & search', this displays a reduced centre image of the main picture, with smaller images all around the edge (12 I think), which are either snapshots of the channel you are watching (strobe), or snapshots of all channels (search). - The images are displayed as still shots.

Other than these, the big difference is the sound, which you are aware of. They are both the same chassis & tube etc, but the sides (speaker cover) at the side of the screen are blue on the PB50, & silver/grey on the PL30.
    The info above is based on what I remember when looking to buy several months ago (all be it a 28" :( ), but I think thats about it. I will point out that I think the sound on the PB50 is really impressive on it's own, but thats my opinion. - Hope this helps........