1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic 36pf10

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by gargoyle, Jul 6, 2001.

1. gargoyle

gargoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I'v my panny for over a year now and to date have had no problems until now - I,v noticed recently whilst watching dvd's that there are two thick black vertical bars a couple of inches from the left and right side of the screen - in normal daylight or well lit scenes , the bands are not visible but in dark gloomy scenes , the bands are visible.
    Has anyone come across this or is this a fluke? :(

2. Norman

Norman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    This is a common problem with some 32/36PF10's.
    I'll bet you are using the DVD with RGB?
    Search this forum because this has been discussed before, but the solution is to enter the engineering mode and alter the DVCO setting. The only problem is that this may then transfer the problem away from the DVD player to another RGB device, like a digibox.
    It's strange that some of the PF10's suffer from this fault and others don't. My 36PF10 works great with my Sony 7700 DVD player and my Sky Digibox, both using RGB.

3. gargoyle

gargoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Norman - thanks for the advice - I bought an 'Ixos' scart cable and now find that the vertical lines have now disapeared .
    Cheers!