1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 36pb50 Rgb Connection

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jock2, Dec 6, 2002.

Tags:
  1. jock2

jock2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a 36PB50 delivered yesterday from Currys I ordered it last Saturday and I got a good deal got the PB50 and the Panny DMR-E30 DVD recorder for £2000 after a bit of haggling with the assistant manager as I was willing to pay cash, got installation included and a couple of £15 scart leads.

It was just the delivery men who did the installation but they connected everything else up for me, (VCR, DIGI BOX) then they did all the connections to my Yammy amp.

After they went away I realised that the AV/RGB did not seem to be working as I was getting the same picture with AV/RGB as I was getting through the RF channel my digi box is set to output RGB and with my last telly a 28" Hitachi there was a vast differance in the picture between RF & AV/RGB channels.

At the time of writing this I have not tried out the DVD Recorder as this is my first DVD of any kind, I have been more bothered about the RGB situation.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Does anyone know how to fix it?

I contacted Currys today and they said that they would get a engineer out to see it on Tuesday, I told Currys that unless it was something to do with the connection or set up (which they were supposed to do ) that they would be getting it back, pointing out to them that a brand new tv does not need "fixed"

2. Andy ARB

Andy ARB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Jock

I have the exact same TV and you should easily be able to tell the difference with RGB.

My Sky box is connected to AV1 and my DVD to AV4 both of which are RBG enabled. The other scart AV2 isn't RGB enabled. Maybe you sky box is connected to this one???

Hope the above helps

Andy

3. jock2

jock2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andy

My set up is the same as yours , I have my VCR going into AV2
    Do you think that there is a fault with the tv?

Is there a big differance in picture quality between your RF and AV/RGB?

Jock

4. Andy ARB

Andy ARB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Jock

The Sky box was originally connected to the TV with an RF lead but I've since removed it because is wasn't very good compared to the RGB connection so didn't see the point in keeping it in.

Therefore I cannot give you a direct comparison with your situation.

However what I can say is:

When watching an RGB feed from the SKy box (confirmed by pressing the 'status' button on the TV remote which then displays AV1 / RGB)

I can then press the 'TV' button on the Sky remote which seems to either switch the TV or Sky into none RGB mode or whatever (confirmed by pressing the 'status' button again which displays just AV1)

The difference is not great but still noticable when flicking between the two.

Remembering back to when I did have an RF connection the diffence between RF and RGB was really noticable.

Andy

Ps. Wonder if it could be something to do with your scart leads???

5. jock2

jock2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andy

Thanks for your reply I checked out the scart connections again today and I found out that Currys had connected up the scarts on the digi box the wrong way round.

According to the digi box instuctions the bottom scart should be going to the tv they had it going to the dvd recorder I swapped them round but it made no differance to the picture quality the AV/RGB & RF are both the same. I am using new gold plated scarts.

I will just have to wait until Tuesday when the "engineer" comes out to me.

I think that I will be returning it to Currys if it has to go back I don`t think I will risk getting another Panny I think that I will get the new 36" Sony.

I will post a message after the "engineer" has been to see it.

Jock