Panasonic 36" TV, dropped a little bit, no its playing up, advice needed please

Taz69

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hiya all,

when I was moving my 36" TV recently, my nephew dropped it as we were putting it onto the stand, it only fell a small distance, approx 5-6 inches, but now when you turn the tv off, if you want to put it back on straight away the picture doesnt appear, most times the sound is there but no picture, I have to turn it off for a while, 10mins approx then try again, most times it then works, it fell onto the right side rear of the tv if you were looking at the tv from the front, a tv chap said it could be to do with the lopt possibly being damaged by the fall, ????

any ideas please people, I do have accidental damage on my house insurance, just not sure if the tv will be repairable etc, the chap did say if it is the lopt then its stuffed, shame for such a nice tv.

Thanks in advance

Taz69

I doubt the LOPT could be damaged-maybe the solder joints on the LOPT though?? If your confident get the case off and check the PCB for cracked/damaged solder joints.If you don't knbow what you are doing DO NOT do this though!! There are some VERY dangerous voltages in there(generated by the LOPT!!!!)

Hi m8, thanks for the reply, I dont feel up to taking the back off, not worth blowing myself away, lol, looks like I will have to get a guy out for it, the other chap still reckons its the lopt

Taz69

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom