Panasonic 36" PD50 No Power.

Simcom

Standard Member
I have a 2.5 year old Panasonic 36" PD50. I've always been a bit of a TV addict so it has had a good amount of use and is an absolutely fantastic television.
However, I switched it on yesterday and after 30 seconds it went dead. No power at all. No standby light, nothing.
Tried changing the fuse but still nothing.
Luckily it has a 5 year warranty and the engineer is coming next Friday to take a look.
Has anyone experienced the same type of problem?
Is it a common fault?
I like to do a bit or research before hand so all opinions welcome.
Had a quick look on this site and 'internal fuses / power supply' seems to be the favourite diagnostic guess.
I just pray it can be fixed because I love the beast and for watching Terrestrial Digital TV I don't think you can beat a good old quality CRT.
Look forward to your replies.

Simcom

Standard Member
Two guys from the repair company turned up today and did not even take the back off. Just said it was probably the power supply as it is a common fault with this model.
They have taken it away to be tested. Should be back in about a week.
There was a lot of huffing and puffing as they carried all 82KG of the beast down the road.
I'll keep you posted on it's return.

Simcom

Standard Member
Got a call from the repair company saying my poor baby is out of intensive care and can come home next Monday.
Apparently it was the power supply and Panasonic supplied a kit consisting of 21 new parts to fix the problem.
Glad I had the 5 year warranty now.

clemenzina

That's quite a long time to be without your telly, you've been very stoical :D

clemenzina

Simcom

Standard Member
Well, my TV came back yesterday and so far so good.
No obvious damage and the picture is still as stunning as ever.
Fingers crossed it will last for a good few years by which time LCD's might have advanced enough to give a good picture on Terrestrial Digital TV.
I'm so happy. :thumbsup::hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom