1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 32PL10 v Sony 32FQ75

Discussion in 'TVs' started by xanthos, Jan 31, 2002.

Tags:
  1. xanthos

xanthos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm hoping to choose between one of these 32" w/screens and wondered if anyone had any views on either. There appear to be a couple of threads with complaints about the Sony. Is this an indication of things to come for me if I buy one. I've had a Panasonic TXC74 since 1987without any problems (it was their top spec tv then) and this might help me decide, but I did fancy the Sony.

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i had a sony fx75 and a fq75 and had nothing but trouble. i then went for a panasonic 36pl30. Its a great set and the picture |I think beats sony. However, it has a problem playing an ntsc signal. funny stripes appear either side of the picture. this also happened on a previous pan i had several years ago./ panasonic say its a common fault to there tvs. if your not playing american discs or tapes, its fine. beats the sony in all respects

3. beardo

beardo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I received a Panasonic TX32PL10 just before Christmas from Empire Direct. After sorting out the ghosting in the picture by cutting Pin 19 on my scart, I noticed when the background was very white or light I could just see 2 vertical shadows about 1cm wide, separated by about 1cm about 5cm in from the left hand side whick was more prominent towards the top. Also if the background was very white there looked to be a shadow on the right hand side also.

I had the local approved Panasonic engineer out, he only just managed to see the problem, said he had never seen this before and went away saying he would contact Panasonic. After 2 weeks he came back and said Panasonic had told him this was in spec. Bull**** I thought, so I rang Panasonic customer care who's only response was if it was in spec it was in spec (Funny I can find no mention of this "spec"). So now Empire Direct have collected the set and one of their engineers will have a look at it.

I was extremely happy with the TV apart from this small problem which I could live with, I just thought that if you bought a product which the manufacturer says produces a great picture then that is what it should do, not that there were specifications that allowed for imperfections.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Every FQ75 set I have seen has SEVERE geometry problems(look at teletext).

Sony says its a design feature!!!

Funny how the mags such as HCC never seem to mention it but criticise the Loewe Aconda when it is probably the finest on the market.

I unfortunately own the Sony!!!

5. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my panasonic tx36pl30 has exactly the same problem. i line from top to bottom on the left of the screen about 1cm from the edge. it makes watching football or other fast scrolloing progs a pain. im getting it changed to a tosh.

6. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you want to get stressed up and have an extra bonus feature i.e. the scrolling bar effect, on the set at no extra cost to you, the FQ is the one to get without doubt (as verified by many members of this forum!)