1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 32pk2 brightness problem...

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Family Guy, Aug 30, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have a 3 year old Panasonic 32pk2 widescreen TV which, last night, seemed to develop a problem with it's brightness...
    The TV just seem to die in front of our faces...the picture just dissapeared!! I turned the set off and then turned it back on again and it seemed to have rectified itself...but it did it again this morning during soccer am!!
    I now have the brightness turned all the way up to about 90% and I'm getting the same sort of brightness I used to get at around 45 - 50%...contrast is totally unaffected, as are all the sets other settings...
    Anybody got any idea what could be the problem? Dodgy circuit board? Knackered tube? I'm not sure whether this particular set has one of those auto brightness control thingy chips on it, which my have gone kaput all of a sudden...

Any help would be appreciated. BTW, I did buy an extended warranty so the set is covered insurance wise...but if it needs replacing, they'll only pay 60% of the sets original cost (about £1200)...so here's hoping it can be repaired, 'cos D & G will foot the whole bill for that.

2. CodeThief

CodeThief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Do you have the contrast turned up really high?

Dave

3. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No - it's about 50%.