Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic 32ph40 v sony 32fx66

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by MDC, Mar 8, 2003.

Tags:
  1. MDC

MDC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to decide which one of the above 2 to buy. My wife likes the panny as it looks nice.

I have a videologic dts platinum sound system and a pioneer 454 dvd player (multi regional).

Thanks.

2. Lesmond

Lesmond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Take a close look at the Panasonics. From what I've seen (and others have reported) they have a problem with dark vertical columns (two) either end of the tube.

If you can find a plain white picture source (try the THX calibration brightness & contrast screen on Star Wars 1/2 or Terminator 2) it will then become apparent.

Generally, the Sonys get a better review over the Panasonics - an opinion shared on these forums. Just do a search, you'll find many people taking their Panasonics back to the shop because they are dissatisfied.

3. MDC

MDC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. I went into John Lewis today and both of them seemed ok picture wise. I'll have another look to check the vertical columns.

Any more...