1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 32pd30 or 32dtx40

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by w5moss, Oct 23, 2004.

1. w5moss

w5moss
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Apart from the idtv difference,. has anyone compared these 2 sets purely on picture quality throught dvd? Doo the problems associated with the pd30, also apply to the dtx 40. There seems very little reference to the dtx 40 on posts, but hopefully someone out there has looked at the 2. Any comments would be gratefully heard. Thanks :lease:

2. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    same tube, the pd30 does the jigery pokery with the processing and doubles the number of screen lines, the DTX40 doesn't.

The PD30 has component in, which i assume accepts a progessive signal.

With these two tv's it somes down to whether you want the extra processing and inputs of the PD30 or happy to accept the DTX40.

From what I have seen the DTX40 gives an excellent picture. As many say about the PD30, although I have never seen it in the shorwrooms I have been whereas I have the DTX40.

The long and short of this one is your personal preference when looking at them side by side.

The PD30 is due for replacement by the end of the year, that may come into your thinking.