Panasonic 32PB50!

PrinceOfEgypt

Established Member
Reaction score
Dear All,

I have done a lot of research into buying a 32' TV. I have narrowed my serach down to the Panasonic 32PB50 and the Philips 329617, the one that has pixel plus.
Which is the better TV in your opinion? Any info, thoughts would be much appreciated...

Thanks again...

POE

Hi Prince Of Egypt

Has anyone replied to you yet, cos I've narrowed it down to the same two sets but I have heard that whilst the 36" Panny is meant to be excellent, the reviews for the 32" strangely ain't so good. And the new Phillip's 9617 which has received rave reviews from just about everyone is lacking a second digital input which apparently creates a problem if you want to connect two dolby digital sources to the set, do you know if that's right and/or if there is a way around this other than a separates av system?

If you have bought one of these sets since your message, which one and are you pleased with it?

Gezza

Hey Gezza,

Well i bought the Panasonic 32PB50 and im far from happy with it!!! the sound is pretty bad, even though it has DTS, when you put the volume on full, it has no impact at all...
The picture is ok, nothing great...
It has two optical and one coaxial input...so connectivity is good...
If you are thinking of connecting a PS2 to a Philips 9617 then you can do that buy buying a set of creative speakers , the amplifier that comes with that has a optical input.
I am returning this now to get a 9617...

I have the 32pb50

I had the buzzing problem so had to send the TV away

Now it still buzz's but goes once the set has warmed up

I'm getting a replacement next week but will refuse it if that one is the same as mine pre modification.

apart from this the picture quality is fantastic!!it does depend on the source however, dvd's and sky movies are the best

I don't use the set for sound during dvd's as I have a Marantz 5200 and M72 setup

MY A\V RIG
Panasonic TX32PB50
Marantz SR5200
Toshiba 210ED
Amstrad DRX300
Mission M72
Mission M7C
Mission M7ds
Eltax Atomic A10 Sub
Gale SPKR cables
IXOS Scart

I have this model and have found the sound to be acceptable as I've never had an AV amp setup. I've never had any problem with buzzing.
The picture varies according to source - DVD is superb, the better sky channels are good but some of the others introduce ghosting effects on my set. I'm not sure if this problem is specific to me or wether it's the fact that a lot of UK Gold programs are old.
I think that sometimes we just look for problems - but having said that we do deserve the best when paying this kind of money!
I got mine from John Lewis group with a 5 year warranty and was very pleased with their service.

johnG , i think it's the source, like I said sky movies are fine

also I find modern programs to be very good also

You mention that you never had the buzzing problem

this gives me hope for next week when I'm due my replacement

i tried the panasonic 28pb50, but not for long. i think it has the worst picture out of all four widescreens i demo'd. Not that its a terrible picture, just not up there with the best.....

Sony DX100
Toshiba ZP18
Panny PL1
Panny PB50

listed in order of picture quality using skydigital, IMHO.

the pb50 seemed to have a lot a digital blocking on the image, it wasnt too noticable at a distance, but close up it was pretty poor(50hz mode is better). i can sit much closer to my 32inch dx100 than i could to the 28inch pb50 without seeing nasty image artifacts.

I do sit about 12-14 feet away from the screen - so I don't notice that problem

aha thats quite far away. i see a lot of close up tele as my tv is in the bedroom, i sit between 3ft to 10ft away.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom