Panasonic 32LXD70 Power On/Off Problem?

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by AnthonyG, Sep 21, 2007.

1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,188
    Hi,

I have a question about the Panasonic 32LXD70. This has been my very first LCD and I love it immensely. I had bought it on its first fortnight of release in April 2007 from John Lewis.

However there is one slightly odd thing about it which I have persevered with assuming it is just a standard design feature about all LCD's.

But to power on the LCD from standby I need to hold the red power button on my remote control for about 2-3 seconds. And then to turn it off I need to do the same. Pressing the Power button on the remote less than this needed 3 seconds does nothing but give a slight few flashes on the TV's power button but doesn't turn it on or off.

I just stuck with this as it is something that you would assume is a design feature for possibly preventing the TV from being switching on or off if you sit on the remote or something.

However I have just yesterday bought a Logitech Harmony 555 remote control and this 'feature' of the Panasonic TV is throwing a major spanner in the works as the Harmony will only give a short 1 second burst of Power on/Power off that is not held long enough (i.e the 2-3 seconds) to actually turn on or off the TV.

And as the way the logitech works, i.e via set control macro's for whatever you ultimately want to achieve, e.g watch a DVD, Play a Game. I can't use the controller I have just paid £70 for.

Any Ideas on what to do with this problem, and if this is actually a standard thing with the 32LXD70.

Thanks
    Anthony

2. blue max

blue max
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,315
    Well it's not a fault, it's the same on my previous model panny. I have much the same problem. There might be some reason for the 'soft start', but I can't bring it to mind at the moment.

Graham

3. deadmonkey

deadmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
  4. Mostly_Harmless

Mostly_Harmless
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 32LMD70 and was having the same problem. Yesterday when I tried fiddling with the settings in the Harmony software I got a message saying there was an update available for the TV device. I accepted the update, which created another TV, and altered the activities to use the "new" TV - which was all done automatically. The TV now switches on OK using the Harmony remote. :thumbsup: