Panasonic 32LXD600 v Toshiba 32WLT68 - Bad points?

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by fishbyname, Dec 20, 2006.

1. fishbyname

fishbyname
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    ok my search for a new TV has been narrowed down to these two but i can't decide

i've read loads of good things about both and very little bad

does anyone have anything bad to say about either?

not things like dead pixels etc but features they are missing or design flaws?

i'm going to pick one of them up as soon as the sales start and want to make sure i'm getting the best 32" around

2. nialli

nialli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I had the same shortlist but plumbed for the Tosh. Main deciders:

1) Panny wasn't as well styled - the dominance of silver made it, to my mind, most likely to date. The tosh is very wife-friendly!

2) sound quality on the Panny wasn't a patch on the Tosh-with-a-subwoofer option

3) Panny freeview tuner on my In-Laws' LCD seemed to be buggy. Tosh one is very good indeed.

4) didn't like the Panny stand. tosh one melts into the room

5) Tosh has all kinds of user-definable picture settings, whereas the control on the Panny seemed limited. (Having said that, I've done nothing but fiddle with the Tosh's settings since I got it a month ago (boys and their toys) so it may be a bit of a temptation and time waster on that count!)

6) Tosh connectivity is outstanding. Panny is good but not great

7) Tosh is better priced. I could have afforded either, but the Tosh plus sub was still cheaper for me than the Panny

I'm normally a Panny fanatic, but this is the second time I've picked Toshiba over Panasonic for my main TV. I haven't been a big fan of Tosh DVD or VCR boxes, but their TVs are excellent and very reliable in my experience.

3. Bananaman2006

Bananaman2006
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Both good sets, Panasonic 32LXD600 all day long though ! Build quality, styling, amazing sound quality. Don't confuse the 600 with the 60 as this was predominantly silver with poor sound. The 600 is mostly black and runs amazing subwoofed speakers. I only wish I had bought two! Freeview on this TV is enough to silence the most hardened CRT lovers!

4. needhelp

needhelp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go read the latest What HiFi magazine... it has a test of most common 32" LCD's. Panny came a close second ( 5 stars though ), only beaten by the more expensive Phillips.
    Then, go and check them out in a store somewhere.
    Then, when you get one, ivest in some good cables ( makes all the difference).
    BTW... my Panny is :eek: absolutely amazing. ( i was tempted by the Tosh at one stage, but very glad i went the panny way ).
    Problems... not easy to adjust the backlight with confidence, and the recording to SD card is okay, but very limited in resolution.. okay for handheld playback i suppose.
    Personally i think the Panny looks great, and once set up correctly, is a match for the CRT it replaced ( much better colours... cables make a difference here ).
    Bad Points... getting one at a good price... ( anybody know where i can get a 26" version as a reasonable price ? )

5. Bananaman2006

Bananaman2006
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Good advice:smashin:

Cable wise, go HDMI if you can. Even my cheap £5 HDMI from Lidl looks amazing! Running Panny DVD DMREX85 on upscaled 1080i looks :thumbsup: :eek:

6. fishbyname

fishbyname
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i think i'm going to go for the toshiba mainly because of the 3 hdmi's that could come in useful and the 100hz reducing motion blur

what's the cheapest i can get this for at the moment?

don't mind whether it's online or instore with lots of haggling