1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Panasonic 32"

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by rimshot, Nov 6, 2003.

Tags:
  1. rimshot

rimshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,
    Have had two pannys PK3 and a PL1 have exactly the same faults (tube gone ) in two years. One lasted 6 months, one a year.
    The first retailer after 6 months of hassle gave me my money back, now we are at JL and they have said come in and choose a new telly, now which one?
    Any suggestions gratefully accepted, here is a shortlist i had in mind.
    Sony KV-32FX68U - Toshiba 32XD26P - Philips 32WP9308
    Cheers

2. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How about the FQ70, I've been very happy with it.

There seem to be a few happy FQ70 owners who have posted on the forums as well.

:smashin:

3. rimshot

rimshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi PaulJ,
    Sorry what's a FQ70?
    Rimshot

4. ExCIA

ExCIA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lookin' good :devil:

Ive owned mine now for about 6/7 months, after previously owning a 9527 pixel plus.

I feel the picture was better on the p+, more detailed, but it did come with its side effects. There was bad pixellation and a halo effect around quick moving objects. I think this has been improved on the newer models with the movie plus? option.

My philips set also suffered the 'infamous' dark bar problem and the speakers buzzed a lot. :mad:

The FQ70 picture is still excellent and seems a lot more stable than the phillips picture and it doesn't seem to have any nasties on the picture.

The only problems I have had are a slight bend at the top corner of the screen and a slight buzzing when the tv has just been switched on. Once it has warmed up and you are watching it, the buzzing is not notieable.

Ive not seen the toshiba model, so cant comment on that one.

Happy Hunting

:smashin:

6. GerdanJ

GerdanJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As recent thread suggests - I haven't had a great experience with the 9308. After much tweaking I got a great DVD picutre but the Sky picture was generally awful. Sent it back as I watch Sky more than DVDs and now in the market for a Sony 32dx150 - I like the idea that I can switch back and forth form 50 to 100hz especially when watching some of the Sky channels which have poor signal strength. Seems to me that all 100hz tvs are bad if you are watching Sky. At least the dx150 can let me reduce to 50hz for sky and 100hz for decent Sky channels and DVDs.

Also was told by a Sony dealer that the FQ70 has an inferior tube to the DX150. Apparantly, the DX150 tube is the same as the old FQ75 tube which was brilliant. Don't know if its true or not!

7. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The dealer might have meant the DRC feature.

8. GerdanJ

GerdanJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think he did - we also talked about DRC. He was convinced that the FQ70 was generally an entry level with a cheaper tube to the FQ80 and the DX150.

After reading all the pros and cons about 50 and 100hz and digitial processing I am well chuffed that my 32dx150 will be delivered next Monday so I can switch between modes.

9. rimshot

rimshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone for the advice, on my way tomorrow to JL
    Cheers

10. Lord Chubb

Lord Chubb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm afriad I have to steer you away from the Philips 32WP9308.
    I've had one a week, and that's only beacuse the suppliers are dragging their heels to come and get it.
    I've ordered the Sony FQ70 too.