1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 32" PK1

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Sam, May 13, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Sam

Sam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've had this TV for about 2 years now, but in the past 3 or 4 weeks I've noticed a problem with the picture which has gradually got worse and worse.

Basically there is a red 'double vision' effect on the screen which is very annoying. It's most noticable on white text on screen such as the on screen GUI where the right hand side of the text is mirrored by a red version (if that makes sense??).

It looks a bit like double vision from a bad analogue signal, but with a red effect.

When it started happening you could get rid of it by turning the TV off for a few minutes and it would be ok again for a while, but it's now pretty much permanentally on there.

I first assumed it was a problem with one of my scart leads as the red effect suggest a problem with a pin on the RGB signal, but then noticed that it happened on analogue tv and also through s-video when using my Gamecube.

I have it under warranty, but just thought I'd post here first to see if anyone knew of a potential reason and if its a simple fix as I'd rather not waste a day sitting in waiting for an engineer??

Thanks,
    Sam