Panasonic 32/37 LZD80/85/800 Owners / Settings / Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The objective of this thread is to start to pull together the experiences of the users of this range of !920x1080 Full HD models. This will benefit both users and serious prospective purchasers who are perhaps comparing this range of TV's with others. Prospective purchasers are also welcome to ask questions which I hope I or other owners can answer/

i have a question :D

does the 37lzd80 do 1:1 pixel mapping?? has anyone who got the set checked and confirmed this?

i was under the impression it did, however the latest review on cnet said it made games look soft or something, which made me doubt..

please answer asap, if it does, i'm picking one up tomorrow :clap:.. will then be posting my experiences later this week...

Yeah, how is the overscan when the resolution is at 1680x1050 and 1600x1200 with the good old pc with the LZD85 ?

all my guide times are GMT +1 (CET).. how do i change this?

So my 37LZD85 arrived yesterday afternoon,

It would have been nice if there was something to tell you how to get it out of the box other than the singular graphic warning of not grabbing the bezel and sticking you fingers into the screen! We tilted it slightly one way then the other and slit the box at the bottom, and then one put hands under location of stand whilst other pulled box up and off TV.

TV is made in Czech Republic in Pilsen where of course lager style beer originated and where nearby there is an IPS- Alpha panel plant.

Auto set up is remarkably rapid and it found all Freeview Muxes except our local problem. It was second in the aerial daisy chain at that stage and putting it first it found the offending Mux ok.

Some basics. No dead/stuck pixels. Backlight bleed zero. Black is Black in the words of the song and most remarkable. Illumination 100% Uniform even at edges and corners of screen. Viewing angle is fantastic. Also stand does have +/- 20 deg approx swivel built into and hidden in base.

Sorry more tomorrow got to go and watch DVD with Mrs on new TV........

:smashin: Got my TX32LZD85 on Friday from ED paid 719 inc 10% discount.

First impressions are that the DVB-T picture quality is excellent, sound quality is also surprisingly deep and rice.

However just above the power LED, it's clearly lighter on a black screen.. noticeable even when prompted to choose "Home or Shop" mode, also the bleeding i believe to be is also not so brightly however visible in the top right quadrant.... so i think i'm going to send back for another set.....

solved the time issue.. did a shipping cond. reset and voila.. looked like those czech engineers did some testing while the set was still in CET... :suicide:

R.E. the set:

On default the Red's seemly really overly Red.. but hey ho....

hope ED replace the set without too much hassle

so has anyone tested the 1:1 mapping yet?:D

really need to know before i get one tomorrow, one of you guys must have a pc to test with :rolleyes:

Boostrail - sounds promising, Excellent:smashin:

K1llah3rtz - not so good:thumbsdow Hopefully your exchange will go smoothly. Just goes to show you have to be lucky! I think these LCD panels are very delicate, if they are mistreated/mis-handled on the journey from the manufacture to your living room your going to get problems.

I take delivery of my 37LZD800 on Wednesday and will add my comments soon after.

Holzer - if i had mine already I would test it

Boostrail: Great thread by the way - lets keep this one going:clap:

i agree, this thread was long overdue! :smashin:

i may have to put off the buying until cooleo has tested his set.. i really need the 1:1 pixels more than any other feature.. if you look at the panasonic site, it only says 1120p (1080): yes, for 1080p it says n/a :eek: but their site seems kinda crap, there was at least one definite error in the specs ( ithink it said the 85 didnt have 100hz or something..)

Holzer - I will post as soon as I test it. Probably Wednesday night.

The 85 and 800 would be the same.

Looking around for a TV at the moment, yet again, after canceling my order for the Samsung A556, and I was wondering if the 37LZD85 was a really good price at £803.76? I'm really, really tempted to get this TV... but I'm not entirely convinced yet. I think I need to read a few more reviews/user reviews and comments.

*EDIT* The 37LZD80 can be had for £679.51, so a £124.25 difference between the two. Is the 85 £125 better than the 80?

Thanks, guys.

Hi, I set my TX-37LZD85 up today. My Marantz DVD player looks great upconverted, Freeview is passable. Now here are the bad bits. I have an older Xbox 360 that only has a component output and even thought the T.V is an 1080P model it will only accept a 1080i signal through component.
When the screen is dark there is quite noticeable backlight bleed in all four corners of the screen.
The worst thing is the 24fps mode. With my HD DVD player connected the picture is great when still (almost 3D) and motion is very fluid BUT it creates very bad artefacting which is just not acceptable.:mad: Also according to a review I read in Home Cinema Choice you can turn off the 100Hz mode, well if so how? I cant find the option. The other bad points I can live with but the 24fps mode...... Think I'm gonna have to contact Panasonic.

The worst thing is the 24fps mode. With my HD DVD player connected the picture is great when still (almost 3D) and motion is very fluid BUT it creates very bad artefacting which is just not acceptable.
Do you have "24p Film" mode turned on or off in the LCD setup menu? The default is OFF. It still accepts 24p regardless of this setting. Do you get the problem with this setting on or off?

Also according to a review I read in Home Cinema Choice you can turn off the 100Hz mode, well if so how?
You can not turn off 100Hz mode. Panasonic have never allowed this on their LCDs. Perhaps the reviewer got confused with their Plasma range.

Have had the 37 LZD85 for over a week now.....
Used to have 32 LXD70...

I think this is a great set... pin sharp on SKY....and of course SKY HD.
Freeview is good, but hardly use it. Terrestrial analogue is a bit washy but never use it.
Great blacks...no bleed problems(may be lucky). Decent sound.
Thoroughly recommend it.

Do you have "24p Film" mode turned on or off in the LCD setup menu? The default is OFF. It still accepts 24p regardless of this setting. Do you get the problem with this setting on or off?

You can not turn off 100Hz mode. Panasonic have never allowed this on their LCDs. Perhaps the reviewer got confused with their Plasma range.

I have tried both. The picture looks better (apart from the noise and glimmer) in 24fps mode, it is more smooth and 3D. With 24fps turned off there is no noise but for my money the picture is not as smooth or detailed.

This is annoying:mad:. I play a lot of games so wanted to turn this off. Whats the point in buying mags with 'expert' reviews if they print wrong information ( Its the current issue if anybody wants to read it)

I'm really not sure I want to keep this set now. Anybody have experience of the LG 37LG6000?

Looking around for a TV at the moment, yet again, after canceling my order for the Samsung A556, and I was wondering if the 37LZD85 was a really good price at £803.76? I'm really, really tempted to get this TV... but I'm not entirely convinced yet. I think I need to read a few more reviews/user reviews and comments.

*EDIT* The 37LZD80 can be had for £679.51, so a £124.25 difference between the two. Is the 85 £125 better than the 80?

Thanks, guys.

Just out of interest, where did you get those prices?

Dixons.

The 37LZD85 is £872.22. With the 'HOT5' discount code, it's £828.61. And if you go through Quidco, the final price will be £803.76. It seems like a really, really good price - probably the best available right now - but it's Dixons :rolleyes:

I have tried both. The picture looks better (apart from the noise and glimmer) in 24fps mode, it is more smooth and 3D. With 24fps turned off there is no noise but for my money the picture is not as smooth or detailed.
I remember reading an online review somewhere that explained 24p film mode added extra processing that not everyone would like which is why the default is off. The "80" model does not even have the option in the setup menu (if online manuals are correct). Perhaps Home Cinema Choice got mixed up between that and 100Hz (I haven't seen their review).

finally managed to dig up the manual and it does have an option to disable overscan, i assume that makes it dispay 1:1 pixels :clap:

off to JL now, bbl to post my experiences :smashin:

How does the 37 LZD85 100hz mode look? I know you can't turn it off but does it look natural or does it look like most 100hz panels, i.e everyone seems to be moving ridiculously quickly?

This is the only thing that could potentially put me off.

How does the 37 LZD85 100hz mode look? I know you can't turn it off but does it look natural or does it look like most 100hz panels, i.e everyone seems to be moving ridiculously quickly?

This is the only thing that could potentially put me off.

I have an LXD70 and think the 100hz is class i know what you mean about fast forward looking people i was one of the people that hated pixel plus on the old CRT tv's.

I can't speak for the lzd85 yet waiting for my brother to get his but on this panasonic the is no FF effect and i'm sure it will be the same on the new versions.

I have an LXD70 and think the 100hz is class i know what you mean about fast forward looking people i was one of the people that hated pixel plus on the old CRT tv's.

I can't speak for the lzd85 yet waiting for my brother to get his but on this panasonic the is no FF effect and i'm sure it will be the same on the new versions.

When your brother gets the LZD85 can you please report how does the SD and HD (Not Full HD) picture looks compare to your LXD70.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom