1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic 28pb50 service menu

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by nig28, Jul 6, 2005.

1. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have the above tv, and after setting up 2 freeview boxes using my tv I have noticed that when watching norman tv the faces are squashed/fat but on digital there apear much longer/thinner.
    If the fault lies with the tv, would increasing the size of the picture through the service menu, would that just increase analogue and not picture via scart??
    Or does the answer lie elsewhere, digi box set to 16-9, philips/GDB3.
    Nigel

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I dont understand the aspect ratio of my tv/digi box!
    Whilst watching ITV news through analogue looks ok, if I swith to digibox on AV4 I loose the top 3cm/2cm at bottom, I loose the symbols in the top right corner. This is the same when I scrole through the different aspects.
    Nigel

3. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Have you set both digiboxes to output 16x9?

4. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Yes both set to 16+9, the second one I was setting up for my aunty.
    Nigel

5. jon_mendel

jon_mendel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I imagine you've tried this already, but some digiboxes not only let you set the size of your TV, they also have a separate bottom/option to set the extent to which you zoom in (on my digibox the 'wide' button does this).

Jon

6. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I think the problems must be what is broadcast as it does seem to differ on different channels, but on some channels it is hard to beleive it would be normal to loose the "ITV (the squares)" symbol, I can just see the bottom edge of "ITV".
    But the question of the long faces, when you set your digi box to either 16/9 or 4/3, are you selecting (ie it is broadcast in both) or picking one then your box stretches the signan to that shape.
    Nigel