1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 28" PL1

Discussion in 'TVs' started by JamieL, Jan 26, 2002.

Tags:
  1. JamieL

JamieL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't seem to find any reviews of this model. Anybody got one? If so what are your thoughts on it???

Cheers!!

2. CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi JamieL,

I had one of these sets, i think it is similar to the tx32PL10 (minus the 100hz) reviewed at http://www.whatvideotv.com

The picture is great especially with a digital rgb signal, really nice colour reproduction and deep blacks. Although, for me the 50hz flickering is just too noticable on a large screen, particulary when showing white. ( i work with high spec PC monitors - so im a little picky) as a result i have just swapped it for a 100hz set (a toshiba). It also only has one rgb input, i need two now.

I had no technical problems, it ran trouble free, and auto tuned all channels without any input.

hope that helps.

couchpotato
    :)

3. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I agree with the above, I just received mine this afternoon.
    But
    One thing I have noticed is the analogue tuner isn't as good as my old 25" 4:3 Sony Trinitron, in fact nowhere near as good. DVD playback is extremely good but I get faint vertical lines going from right to left but this maybe due to the extremely cheap scart lead I have, I think I had the same on my Sony TV as well.
    Also the TV looks very nice indeed, much better clean design than the older PK series.
    The geometry is pretty good as well, no horrid bends from what I can see, well maybe a slight one in the bottom left hand corner but only very very slight.
    All in all a great set apart from the tuner, luckily i'm moving next month into an NTL area.

4. JamieL

JamieL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers chaps!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody else noticed the vertical lines on DVD playback?

5. cosman

cosman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this set and the rgb mode is not good with dvd (not sharp).

6. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right I've watched a few more DVDs now and seen some other problems.
    On RGB input only in the bottom left hand corner where the geometry is a little off there is also some yellow staining running along the black line at the bottom of the screen, anyone know what this could be, I can't see it on normal TV or through my VCR.
    And also these vertical faint lines are not just vertical lines. What I saw tonight was almost like a heart monitor and also at different levels of the screen I get the following:

||||** ||||* |||||| |||||||||| - something a little like that. This is only coming from my Sony 325 DVD player, does anyone know what it is? Will getting a decent shielded one-way scart lead sort it out? The * are the same size as the lines and I am assuming they look like that as its hard to tell.
    I'd appreciate any ideas of what it is, I do not get this on normal TV or through my VCR.
    I will hopefully at some point borrow a friend's DVD player and see if it does the same.
    From the looks of it it has nothing to do with the tv as it does it on both scart sockets and sending the signal as RGB or composite.
    So I am happy with the tv apart these things I've found :)

7. JamieL

JamieL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm, those lines could well be your scart. When I was using a cheap one I was getting ghosting lines & images which worried me... espcially when it was flashing 'kill them all...'

:)

8. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking it has to be the lead.
    I can't justify a decent lead right this minute so it will have to wait until I move into my new house.