Panasonic 24" TXL24XM6b led will not display RGB properly.

gbmitie

Prominent Member
Reaction score
After 6 years I bought a new tv yesterday and set it up via HDMI 1, Av1 and composite on Av2. Its dtt and analogue as well so I get freeview hd and I also stream sky via caox and rf chanels so get that as well. I have 2 issues,

1. I have SAT box connected via scart and I can set output to RGB, CVBS, S-Video but I like RGB so use that. However when I select AV1 on TV the indentifier will say RGB but the picture is awful. Black lines across the screen a bit like if the lead was not connected properly but I have tried 3 leads and 3 different set top boxes. Same result. It has a symbol on tv underneath scart avi that says RGB with an arrow indicating input and another that show theword video with arrows pointimn both ways as if to signify it outputs video as well. The spec says 21 pin scart. The peculiar thing is if I switch to a channel say bbc2 wales its ok with a studio discussion but if I go to BBC2 scotland showing rallying the fault re-appears. BBC1 scotland is ok, songs of praise. I have no option to select RGB but I can select PAL, SECAM,M.NSTC, NTSC and auto.

My query is, is it possible Panasonic have disabled the RGB facility?

2. 2nd problem is with the rf feeds, ch39 is very good but channel 66 is poor. However there may be cross channel inteference.

help

While viewing a Satellite channel via AV1 with the interference present pull out the terrestrial aerial feed from the Tv...if the interference clears the cause is video crosstalk being fed into AV1 from the TVs tuner.
To eliminate it cut pin 18 of the scart plug AT THE TV END of the lead.
A less destructive solution is to compress the "wings" of pin 18 and push it back into the body of the plug using long-nosed pliers.

hi, I took it back to shop today, they were sceptical so had to wait while they set up a test and fault was present. They offered a another tv but I was dubious so asked them to test the tv that was on display, same fault. I got a refund but was gutted as nice tv with all the connections. They had no other models in stock. I am looking at a samsung now.

By the way they tested it with no aerial feed.

Thanks for reply.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom