Panasonic 2013 plasma part 5

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a continuation of part 4 below.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-tvs/1762208-panasonic-2013-plasma-part-4-a.html

The following is still stands in part 5.

1. Any antagonistic posting of any sort will result in an infraction

2. Any response to such posting will result in the same

3. Any further posting of this nature will result in a ban

4. AVF policies are not to be discussed in these threads, though member feedback is appreciated this is not the way it should be done or the place. Further conversation on any topic relating to policy, who is able to do or say what, will result in an infraction.

5. Any further conflict from members involved will result in a ban, the time of which will be determined at the time. A permanent ban may be issued.

6. Any comment on this post, its contents or the actions of myself in this matter will result in a ban.

The above shouldn't be necessary, sadly it was required in part 4. Please ensure the above is not needed in part 6 if and when needed.

My friend who been here this morning was well shock of the tv and he is now temping to buy one :) he just can't believe how good the image is on pro 1 out of box he was amaze. Told him it be even better once calibrated. He responded. Calibrated what for that plenty good enough ha ha

My friend who been here this morning was well shock of the tv and he is now temping to buy one :) he just can't believe how good the image is on pro 1 out of box he was amaze. Told him it be even better once calibrated. He responded. Calibrated what for that plenty good enough ha ha

Having seen a calibrated VT50 earlier this week I will most certainly be getting my GT50 done. The only sticking point is getting it done without my wife finding out or it will cost a hell of a lot more than £250.

Last edited:
Lin3ar said:
Having seen a calibrated VT50 earlier this week I will most certainly be getting my GT50 done. The only stuck ng point is getting it done without my wife finding out or it will cost a hell of a lot more than £250.

Ha ha I know what you mean mine be the same they say what wrong with it now why spends £200 off get it calibrated.

I buy her a new hand bag that sort it or new shoes ha ha

Reading how pleased most are with there st/gt/vt is making the wait for the zt agonizing! Has anyone been given a firm delivery date for a zt yet?

Ha ha I know what you mean mine be the same they say what wrong with it now why spends £200 off get it calibrated.

I buy her a new hand bag that sort it or new shoes ha ha

The handbag is out, the last one I bought her cost nearly as much as my GT50. Maybe one from Primark will do?

Reading how pleased most are with there st/gt/vt is making the wait for the zt agonizing! Has anyone been given a firm delivery date for a zt yet?

You and me both.
Sent a email to Panasonic UK was told mid May all going well, but could be latter part of the month...:rolleyes:

Sent from my X909 using Tapatalk 2

Lin3ar said:
The handbag is out, the last one I bought her cost nearly as much as my GT50. Maybe one from Primark will do?

Go primark and a craft shop get some glue and crystal make the shoes look more exspensive ha ha

Hahahahahahahahahahaha - A firm delivery date???? From Panasonic???? You must be having a laugh :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha - A firm delivery date???? From Panasonic???? You must be having a laugh :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hence my diplomatic answer lol
;)

You and me both.
Sent a email to Panasonic UK was told mid May all going well, but could be latter part of the month...:rolleyes:

I keep saying June to myself so I wont be (too) disappointed

You and me both.

I hope it's going to be available for the TPS meet Phil

I hope it's going to be available for the TPS meet Phil

Geoff,

TPS are fairly confident they will have one for the event.
Wouldn't be surprised if Panasonic UK provide one for the event.
Helps both parties...:thumbup:

Geoff,

TPS are fairly confident they will have one for the event.
Wouldn't be surprised if Panasonic UK provide one for the event.
Helps both parties...:thumbup:

Joking aside, by early June should be a good bet :)

I meant a firm delivery date from a retailer. However your obvious amusement is worrying :laugh:

I meant a firm delivery date from a retailer. However your obvious amusement is worrying :laugh:

Having dealt with Panasonic for 15 odd years, I've learnt it's easier to get blood from a stone than a firm delivery date on a new premium model. Normally they can narrow it down to the first or last part of the month. Last I heard it should be mid to late May. It will depend on when they get stock and when the stores next delivery is. For example, if the stock arrives at the warehouse on a Friday, a dealer who gets a delivery the very next Tuesday should be fine, but a dealer who gets a delivery on a Monday, like me, would have to wait to the whole week til the following Monday.

Last edited:
Having dealt with Panasonic for 15 odd years, I've learnt it's easier to get blood from a stone than a firm delivery date on a new premium model. Normally they can narrow it down to the first or last part of the month. Last I heard it should be mid to late May. It will depend on when they get stock and when the stores next delivery is. For example, if the stock hit the warehouse on a Friday, a dealer who gets a delivery the next Tuesday should be fine, but a deals who gets a delivery on a Monday, like me, would have to wait to the whole week til the following Monday.

Keep meaning to ask,

does anyone know how they ship their TV's from Japan is it via air or sea or both?

Keep meaning to ask,

does anyone know how they ship their TV's from Japan is it via air or sea or both?

Doesn't answer your question but only the panels are shipped from Japan. the TVs are then assembled in the Czech republic for Europe/UK and in Mexico for USA/etc.

Unlikely to be by air as the cost would be too high.

Unlikely to be by air as the cost would be too high.

I ask because from what I've read about the time frames of the ZT60 being manufactured and delivered plus this extra ZT "Handbook" being made it makes me wonder if the first batch at least travel by air.
By sea it would take a minimum of 3 weeks i'd say plus unloading the containers to the sites in europe for the panels to be assembled and packaged and onto retailers etc

Just seems a tight deadline from the info I have come across if it all comes via sea.

gt30-false-contouring_173225.png

is this DFC, right? and you can try this video on 24hz or 50hz for DFC.

panasonic plazma bug.mkv

So is anyone going to try this file on their plasmas and give us feedback? Please?

HDTVTest have released their VT65 review. Still can't decide if it's worth it over a GT60...

Somnambulist said:
HDTVTest have released their VT65 review. Still can't decide if it's worth it over a GT60...

Course it is :) the sheet one glass makes this a stunner

Course it is :) the sheet one glass makes this a stunner

It won't matter to everyone, but the dual tuners a worthwhile for me; better sound and marginally better bright room performance also appeal.

Based on the review, there's zero difference in terms of calibrated greyscale and colour. The GT60 still sounds the best value option if 50" is big enough.

Has the vt60 more shadow detail compared to a gt60?

Shadowdetails are important for me i like dark movies like aliens, batman, game of thrones etc etc
Has the vt60 a better picture all in all compared to the gt60?

I am going to decide wich one to get later this year when prices are falling

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom