Panasonic 2010 New VIERA TVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stelch

Standard Member
Reaction score
Could someone tell me the difference between the New Panasonic 2010 VIERA series G25 and G20? Below is the announcement from the Panasonic site:

G25 Series
The VIERA G25 series includes the TC-P54G25, a 54-inch class HDTV (54” measured diagonally), the TC-P50G25, a 50-inch class HDTV (49.9” measured diagonally), the TC-P46G25, a 46-inch class HDTV (46” measured diagonally) and the TC-P42G25, a 42-inch class HDTV (41.6” measured diagonally). The G25 series features improved VIERA CAST functionality, video call capability2, THX certification and THX Movie Mode, and VIERA Image Viewer for playing back digital still JPEG images and AVCHD videos recorded on an SD Memory Card and VIERA Link for improved networking. In addition to allowing the user to utilize all VIERA Link capable components with a single remote, the G25 line features a PC input and two USB ports, allowing for Wireless LAN Adaptor connectivity and the addition of a keyboard. The NeoPDP design of the G25 series provides 1080p resolution, Infinite Black display with 5,000,000:1 native contrast ratio, full-time 1080 TV lines of moving picture resolution, 600Hz Sub-field Drive and like all Panasonic 2010 VIERA HDTVs, contains no lead or mercury and has a long panel life – up to 100,000 hours before achieving half brightness.
G20 Series
The VIERA G20 series includes the TC-P54G20, a 54-inch class HDTV (54” measured diagonally) and the TC-P50G20, a 50-inch class HDTV (49.9” measured diagonally). Like the G25, the G20 series features improved VIERA CAST functionality, video call capability2, THX certification and THX Movie Mode, and VIERA Image Viewer for playing back digital still JPEG images and AVCHD videos recorded on an SD Memory Card and VIERA Link for improved networking. In addition to allowing the user to utilize all VIERA Link capable components with a single remote, the G20 HDTVs feature a PC input and two USB ports, allowing for Wireless LAN Adaptor connectivity and the addition of a keyboard. The NeoPDP design of the G20 series provides 1080p resolution, Infinite Black display with 5,000,000:1 native contrast, full-time 1080 TV lines of moving picture resolution, 600Hz Sub-field Drive and like all Panasonic 2010 VIERA HDTVs, contains no lead or mercury and has a long panel life – up to 100,000 hours before achieving half brightness.

Stelios

Could someone tell me the difference between the New Panasonic 2010 VIERA series G25 and G20? Below is the announcement from the Panasonic site:

G25 Series
The VIERA G25 series includes the TC-P54G25, a 54-inch class HDTV (54” measured diagonally),the TC-P50G25, a 50-inch class HDTV (49.9” measured diagonally), the TC-P46G25, a 46-inch class HDTV (46” measured diagonally) and the TC-P42G25, a 42-inch class HDTV(41.6” measured diagonally). The G25 series features improved VIERA CAST functionality, video call capability2, THX certification and THX Movie Mode, and VIERA Image Viewer for playing back digital still JPEG images and AVCHD videos recorded on an SD Memory Card and VIERA Link for improved networking. In addition to allowing the user to utilize all VIERA Link capable components with a single remote, the G25 line features a PC input and two USB ports, allowing for Wireless LAN Adaptorconnectivity and the addition of a keyboard. The NeoPDP design of the G25 series provides 1080p resolution, Infinite Black display with 5,000,000:1 native contrast ratio, full-time 1080 TV lines of moving picture resolution, 600Hz Sub-field Drive and like all Panasonic 2010 VIERA HDTVs, contains no lead or mercury and has a long panel life – up to 100,000 hours before achieving half brightness.
G20 Series
The VIERA G20 series includes the TC-P54G20, a 54-inch class HDTV (54” measured diagonally) and the TC-P50G20, a 50-inch class HDTV (49.9” measured diagonally). Like the G25, the G20 series features improved VIERA CAST functionality, video call capability2, THX certification and THX Movie Mode, and VIERA Image Viewer for playing back digital still JPEG images and AVCHD videos recorded on an SD Memory Card and VIERA Link for improved networking. In addition to allowing the user to utilize all VIERA Link capable components with a single remote, the G20 HDTVs feature a PC input and two USB ports, allowing for Wireless LAN Adaptorconnectivity and the addition of a keyboard. The NeoPDP design of the G20 series provides 1080p resolution, Infinite Black display with 5,000,000:1 nativecontrast, full-time 1080 TV lines of moving picture resolution, 600Hz Sub-field Drive and like all Panasonic 2010 VIERA HDTVs, contains no lead or mercury and has a long panel life – up to 100,000 hours before achieving half brightness.

Stelios

I am not sure Stelios but i think the G25 has 3D capability.:)

Plasma
V25 Series Full HD 3D HDTVs:
Feel like you're there with Full HD 3D delivering unprecedented realism to sports, concerts and movies.
THX® Certified Display ensures that movie images are played back as movie creators intended them.
Infinite Black Pro increases contrast levels offering deep black and minimizes reflection for a bright, vivid image and heightened viewing pleasure with great color replication.
With VIERA CAST™, enjoy web entertainment right on your HDTV. It provides a USB terminal for a keyboard and Wireless LAN Adaptor. No PC required!

V20 Series Full HD 3D HDTVs:
Feel like you're there with Full HD 3D delivering unprecedented realism to sports, concerts and movies.
THX® Certified Display ensures that movie images are played back as movie creators intended them.
Infinite Black Pro increases contrast levels offering deep black and minimizes reflection for a bright, vivid image and heightened viewing pleasure with great color replication.
With VIERA CAST™, enjoy web entertainment right on your HDTV. It provides a USB terminal for a keyboard and Wireless LAN Adaptor. No PC required!

G25 Series 1080p Plasma HDTVs:
Infinite Black Panel increases contrast levels offering deep black and minimizes reflection for a bright, vivid image and heightened viewing pleasure.
With VIERA Image Viewer, the built-in SD card reader makes it easy to play back digital photos and home videos recorded on your AVCHD camcorder.

Any idea when these will be available? I want one!

Plasma
V25 Series Full HD 3D HDTVs:

V20 Series Full HD 3D HDTVs:

G25 Series 1080p Plasma HDTVs:
Infinite Black Panel increases contrast levels offering deep black and minimizes reflection for a bright, vivid image and heightened viewing pleasure.
With VIERA Image Viewer, the built-in SD card reader makes it easy to play back digital photos and home videos recorded on your AVCHD camcorder.

Was this taken from the Panasonic site? If so I really don't see any difference then between the V25 and the V20 as the write up above.:facepalm:

Stelios

Does anyone know when the UK model line-up and prices will be announced ?

Was this taken from the Panasonic site? If so I really don't see any difference then between the V25 and the V20 as the write up above.:facepalm:

Stelios

V25 will be 3D and has the infinate black PRO panel which will probably just mean the phosphurs are faster for the 120hz for 3D. The V25 you also get wireless LAN included.

They might even possibly have the new freeview HD tuner in them.

Could the difference be cosmetic rather than functional? I for one would not mind a bit of choice design-wise... :thumbsup:

Could the difference be cosmetic rather than functional? I for one would not mind a bit of choice design-wise... :thumbsup:

They will be basically the same TV except for the 3D capability so it depends if you want to future proof and how much the difference is in price.

They will be basically the same TV except for the 3D capability so it depends if you want to future proof and how much the difference is in price.

I don't care about 3D, but I would like faster phosphors to reduce snake/trailing effects. Dunno if I want it enough to pay extra for 3D (faster phosphors are only present in 3D sets, no?), which I probably won't use very much.

I could probably go up to £1500 for a 46" set, so I am excited to see what that will get me. :)

Edit: Does anyone know which model is depicted on the large banner on this page on the Panasonic website? The design is almost exactly the same as the Pio Kuro, and I would love to see Panasonic carry this over in one/more of their ranges.

Last edited:
Edit: Does anyone know which model is depicted on the large banner on this page on the Panasonic website? The design is almost exactly the same as the Pio Kuro, and I would love to see Panasonic carry this over in one/more of their ranges.

It is the Panel, PF12.
I am purchasing in April and it will either be 58VT25 or 58PF12, not sure which yet.

Last edited:
I don't care about 3D, but I would like faster phosphors to reduce snake/trailing effects. Dunno if I want it enough to pay extra for 3D (faster phosphors are only present in 3D sets, no?), which I probably won't use very much.

I could probably go up to £1500 for a 46" set, so I am excited to see what that will get me. :)

I'm sure you will be able to get a 50 inch, V25 for £1500 at some point during the year. Probably not at launch though.

I'm sure you will be able to get a 50 inch, V25 for £1500 at some point during the year. Probably not at launch though.

I reckon around £2700 at launch and around £2000 coming up to xmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom