1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panansonic PW6 - Soft Pcture when playing DVD

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Micklewhite, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Micklewhite

Micklewhite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hope someone here can help me, or give me some pointers.

I recently purchassed a PW6 and have connected my Sony DVD Player (DVP-CX860) upto the screen via component, with a custom made higrade component lead.

However the picture is looking very soft, almost as if I was watching a video. I have a media centre PC connect via the VGA port, and using the TV tuner on this, the picture looks good.

Do you think it's a case of playing with the settings on the Display (is there an advanced option, i'm not seeing for settings?) or is it the Component lead I have?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, as I'm rather dissapointed with the picture quality at present.

Many Thanks
    M

2. tij303

tij303
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ive just set up my PW6 to a pioneer dvd player. At first my pioneers settings were set to rgb and not component output - have you checked the actual DVD plaer's settings? I assume you have also set the pw6 up for component as well. Finally double check by using a scart lead into the rgb slot - if it is better then it might be your leads ? I run my component through an amp and the picture is the same as a direct feed, very sharp and clear. Hope this helps you.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    is DVD progressive scan? if so trun it off...... Run interlaced component to screen (are we talking PAL or NTSC material here?

4. Micklewhite

Micklewhite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's no prog scan on my player (about 4 years old). The problem seems to appear with both PAL and NTSC.

I have adjusted the contrast and colour levels tonight, after reading another post. It does appear to have improved, but still not anywhere as sharp as I would expect :(