1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panansonic NV-GS1EG

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Keylock, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Keylock

Keylock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A mate who bought a new camcorder passed this model on to me which he bought on holiday abroad last year. First time camcorder user so apologies if this question has been asked before. How can I transfer video images from the camera to my PC. I have WindowsME and 40gb of space. The manual says this camera only transfers still? is this true? Oh and what editing suite should I be looking to get for basic editing. Have about £400 to spend. Thanks

2. Keylock

Keylock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone??

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Your camcorder can output to a PC, but only via firewire.
    Most PC's do not have a firewire port, but a PCI card with these ports can be bought for around £20.
    Editing software is varid in both price and performance. A good starting point is Pinacle Studio 8. This can be bought with the firewire card for around £80.
    With 40Gb of disk space you will very quickly fill your disk. 4 minutes of footage takes 1Gb of disk space, so look at getting a dedicated video disk.

So the good news is that you will not even need to spend half of your £400 budget...........

.......YET!:rolleyes:

Mark.

4. Keylock

Keylock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help Mark. :clap: