1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pana TX24PS2 or Philips 24 PW6518

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Stupidgrinner, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Stupidgrinner

Stupidgrinner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here we go again folks...24" widescreens...I've tried the Toshiba Z37B (Z33)
    and got my fingers burnt...!
    So...any comments on the Philips and Pansonic as shown in title.
    Much appreciated.
    Steve.

2. bodcod

bodcod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi Steve,

1st of sll whats your budget for atv, i ask becouse for not much more than a 24" set u can get a 28".
    Bodcod

3. Stupidgrinner

Stupidgrinner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Bod...Budget is not the defining factor...the size of the TV is...and the room just won't carry a 28"
    Steve

4. bodcod

bodcod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    It that case i would seriously look at the phillps set.
    I had the previus mode th 24"6407 and was very impressed with the pic, in fact it was better than a mates 28" sony set. The colours on the set were stunning as was the contrast and it had stunning amounts of detail in th pic. A far as pic qulity goes it blows my 3 year old jvc out of the water. I had a look at the philips website and the 6517's specs look virtully indentical to the 6407. i'm looking at the 6517 at the moment as apossible next puchase myself and it looks just as good as the 6407.

Bodcod

5. Stupidgrinner

Stupidgrinner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Bod...whats a 6517?...I can't see it on the website?
    S

6. bodcod

bodcod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Sorry i meant 6518.

7. Stupidgrinner

Stupidgrinner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey...don't confuse me more thasn I already am Bod!...I'll give the Panny and Philips a look...The Panny is dearer...but quite a bit smaller footprint.
    I can't be arsed buying online after my Toshiba let me down...I'm going to pay over the odds at John Lewis cos at least you get to speak to real people without hanging online...plus you get free delivery and 5 yrs Warranty as standard.
    PS...Your not interested in my Toshiba 24" Z37b (Virtual Dolby)are you...almost new with stand and all the original boxing!
    S

8. bodcod

bodcod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    You can't far wrong with John Lewis, if you have a prob with a puchase they are very good about exchanging or replacing.

Another thing u might wan't to check this post out:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1053888#post1053888

A lot of sets have these checks including both the panny and philips, it may get on your nerves ifu notice it.
    Second thin u should look out for is a very faint vertial lie down the middle of the screen. I have seeen this on both tubes. It's really only noticeble on large areas of single colour when panning across the screen, but hey i'm really really fussy. :rolleyes:

Fierst and foremost trust your own eyes. :D

Bodcod

9. Stupidgrinner

Stupidgrinner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Went down John Lewis Bod...you wouldn't believe it..but in store, the best picture with the most stable flicker and refresh...was...THE BLOODY TOSHIBA!
    Not that you can go on store set ups...cos you just don't know how good a signal there getting etc.
    The amazing thing about the Tosh, and why they have sold well..is that tiny footprint.
    In fact the 28" version is still smaller than the Panny 24" and the Philips.
    But thats because the speakers are under the screen and not on the sides.
    I don't know if that has something to do with why the sound is a bit tinny, plus you don't get quite the same stereo effect as the speakers are closer together.
    I might now check out the Tosh 28"!! Even John Lewis Price is only £325 inc del and 5 yrs.
    S

10. bodcod

bodcod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Bloddy good price for the 28", as i said b4 the best judge is you. :)