1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pana pw7 component vs scart

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by echo3, Feb 14, 2005.

1. echo3

echo3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    seen the amazing prices on this screen and want to know which to opt for:
    £1390 with media box, £1390 with free SCART board or £1490 with free component video board.

Is the extra £100 to get component video worth it? If I go for the media box I will sell it and use the cash to buy a compnent or rgb scart board, because I don't need the media box!

I'm thinking of linking the screen to a PC based TV and DVD recorder via the VGA as well as my Panasonic SC-HT520 Home Cinema System. Any advice on this appreciated.

Cheers,

echo3.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    component is much better media box is best VFM especially as AV-sales will sell you the component boards at good prices... (£70 BNC and still have media box to sell)

3. echo3

echo3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, BNC component it is then for now. Are prices of plasmas likely to drop any further?, they seem to have taken a hammering in the last six months.

Once I get my HCPC set up would it be worth using a DVI rather than the VGA connector? or does it all depend on the spec of the graphics card & software sending out the signal?

echo3.