1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pana PW6 Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Redrob, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Redrob

Redrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought the Pana PW6 & need to organise the sound side of things, budget has stretched as far as it will go for the time being and I am considering buying the side mount speakers which I can pick up for around £200. Is there a reasonable alternative in this price range or do I go with these until my budget allows me to upgrade?

Cheers

Redrob

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    If you don't have a seperate amp, then I would buy the PW6 speakers and use those. I doubt the internal amp in the plasma would have the power to drive seperate speakers and would probably damage them if you tried.

Alternatively get a £100 stereo amp (or even a cheap DD Receiver can be found for this money) and a pair of small bookshelf speakers, which would be my choice. You can buy the other 3 speakers when you have more money in the future.
    :)

3. Alan_W

Alan_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    I have just wired up an old small set of speakers to the Panny speaker output for watching "normal" tv. Sound is more than acceptable, and very convenient for a quick watch, without having to fire up the "system" :thumbsup:

4. Redrob

Redrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies guys, looks like the pana's then. At least until I'm ready to invest in something serious :devil:

Cheers

Redrob