1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pana PT-102 CRT advice/manual

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mario Nicholas, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mario Nicholas

Mario Nicholas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Q. When a friend says could you install my 12 year old CRT
    A. No
    My answer 'no problem' Big mistake

There is no advanced functions with this old donkey & I've sweated to make it work.
    I need the service manual/pot adjustment location for:
    overall Width adjustment/stability

The width varies with the overall picture brightness level. ie: when there is a dark scene the picture width is 50mm narrower either side.
    There are two pots which adjust height okay.
    I got a faxed copy of the manual from Panasonic, but only five pages are available

any help appreciated.

Mario Matrix (ice pack on head)
    :confused:

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    Sounds like it has crappy power supply and/or the contrast is too high. Doubt there is a pot to adjust this. Try over at AVS forums if no-one here knows. Also try turning down contrast and seeing if geometric distortion is as bad.

Gordon

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I'm with Gordon on this I think you will find that on PJ's of this age that's what they do. The amount of power that the projector is drawing from its power supply casues the width to change. If you turn it up too far you may even get the bounce effect and the picture will go off completly.

this won't be a bright projector so don't be tempeted to over drive it.

I dare say it whistles and whines when a bright sceene come on too.

4. chienmort

chienmort

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    These beasts needed tender loving care.

On the inside of the removable panel there is an adjustment procedure. Each adjsument is numbered.

1. Set ALL controls to the centre position. Make sure the projector is level and striaght on to the screen.
    2. In the first section (Show as green I think) adjust for best picture geometry on Green. There is a built in cross hatch signal.
    3. Move o to the second and third sections but make sure it is as good as it can be first. Then go on to the last section.
    4.If any control is at one end, something is wrong earlier in the setup.
    5. If you don't get the image almost straight and square in the early stages, the corner controls will jump and appear faulty.

Be patient first time setup will take at least two hours and if you do it quicker you have probably done it wrong.

Usually theye are set from the factory for a 100" diagonal screen.

Throw disatnce is 1.2 X diagonal screen size.

5. Mario Nicholas

Mario Nicholas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Thanks for the advice fellas.

I've used the set up pots as shown on the flap & a few of the others were tweaked to max. it out. set it twice on self generated grid & checked it with Ovation set-up grid.
    geometry is good but top corners are rounded off (no light) & width:brightness error remains.
    PJ owner is happy with result - big screen for world cup footie for pocket change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.