1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pana NV-GS11 to VCR/DVD

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by nig28, Oct 20, 2005.

1. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I am trying to copy (for my niece) from the above camera to a DVD or tape. I have never used the camcorder befor or copied to DVD.
    I can connect the camcorder via usb but as I have never copied to DVD before I wanted to do it via VCR.
    But there doesnt appear to be a 7.9v addaptor with this camera or a s-video lead, I may have a s-video lead somewhere but no addaptor.
    There dosent seem to be any other ways to connect to VCR.
    Lots of cables in the box but not the ones I need.
    I have installed DV studio that came with camera but can I record straight from nero?
    Nigel

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have now found that the batery charger is also the mains addaptor, so I now have power, I just need to dig out a s-video connector from somewhere. Then just record it to VCR.

Nigel

3. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well the way you should be copying of course is via firewire - but if you really think you want to transfer by s-video cable just remember that s-video cables do not carry audio - so you'll still need to use the red and white RCA leads.

Panasonic DV Studio is only for capturing stills from your camcorder - I've read your post at least 3 times and still can't decide whether your copying from your camcorder to a VCR recorder or to a computer.

4. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have now got a s-video connector, I think my niece will be ok with just picture as there are no audio sockets on the camcorder.

Quote "I've read your post at least 3 times and still can't decide whether your copying from your camcorder to a VCR recorder or to a computer."
    - just trying to work out the easiest way, I could maybe do either.
    VCR seems easier.

Many thanks .. Nigel

5. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    The camcorder should have been supplied with a lead with a small jack plug on one end and red/white phonos for audio and a third yellow phono for composite video. If you don't have this cable then replacements can be bought from places such as Maplin.

If you are copying to a VCR then the chances are you wont want to use an S-Video lead as this will only give you a black & white picture unless you have an S-VHS VCR. If just plain VHS then you can only use the composite video connection to get a colour picture.

Mark.

6. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    The camera came with the lead you mention but there is nowhere to plug it in.
    There is in USB and DV under a flap, and S-video under where the batttery goes.
    Nigel

7. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    I suggest you have a closer look at the camcorder as there must be somewhere to plug the lead in. It will probably be close to the S-Video socket and is normally labelled as 'AV'.

Mark.

8. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Found it, very neatly hidden uner the front lens.

Many thanks .. Nigel

9. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    I don't know the cam, but I would tend to think that the jack input under the lens is more likely to be a mic input only. As I said before, the chances are that the AV output will be close to the S-Video socket.
    I had an old analogue camcorder that had the AV sockets on the charger/power supply, could this be the case with the cam you have? IIRC you had to remove the battery to to fit the power supply and this also made the connection between the AV sockets and the camcorder.

Mark.

10. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

All done, copied to VHS tape.
    I didnt need the s-video lead, the connector under the lens was a single (next to mic input) round connector that split into 3 separate phono connectors - straight into the VCR.

Many thanks .. Nigel

11. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    I knew you/we would get there in the end :thumbsup:

Mark.