1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pana GS400 freezing trouble cannot turn off

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by wannabgeek, Jul 7, 2005.

1. wannabgeek

wannabgeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: Hi I am so ****** ! I brought my Panasonic NVGS400 about 6 weeks ago for £1200 (insurance pay out) and have used it for about 12 mins Rec time up untill now! As i am off on hols in 10 days i decided to brush up on how to use it but when it runs for about 10 mins the thing just freezes on me and i cannot turn it off or back on or press any other button come to that! the only way i can turn it off is by removing the Batt! :mad: and today i was trying it the screen went all pixlated (mosiac) and again no buttons! So i got in touch with 'jessops' (place i spent £1500) and explained that i havent even taken it out the house and its only had 12mins rec time,and basically i would like a new camcorder because whats this gonna be like in a years time with 20 hours rec time! But all they can offer is it be taken away and fixed, but it can take up to 6-8weeks!The worst bit is they will not lend me another cam for my hols! :( Any suggestions on how i go about this? Thanks for your help! :)

Ps i have tried resetting the thing but its still the same!

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if its less than a year old, and barely been out of the box then the item is clearly not fit for the purpose intended. Harrang them for a new camera, tell them that you are not interested in their company policy, you are not interested in a repair on what seems an inherently flawed peice of apparatus, you have no confidence in the item, remind them that you have statutory rights, remind them that your contract is with jessops not the manufacturer, remind them that you aren't shopping at dixons, remind them that you'll be telling all of your wealthy camera loving friends about this experience, ask them if they have another camera in stock (after checking the display cabinet), if they have then they have no valid reason to refuse a swap (unless the camera appears to have been physically damaged) as they can return goods to Panasonic as faulty (tell them you know this), the branch manager can over-ride 'company policy in most cases. If you are saying words like 'shoddy', 'cowboys' and 'terrible service' loudly around their sales counter they'll be glad to get rid of you.

If they still refuse then go for a loan camera (which they should provide even if it's a cheapy 2nd hand camera) and advise them that your next visit shall be to concumer and trading standards (and make sure that it is)

If they give you a new camera be all sweetness and light.

3. videoman

videoman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    You are entitled to return the camera and demand a replacement or your money back immediatley. If they have refused to do either of these have a word with Trading standards for the area, they will probably ring Jessops for you and remind them of their obligations. Keep at them all day with Trading Standards as well they are in the wrong!