Pana E95 will not accept region 2 DVDs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Smeicy, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Smeicy

Smeicy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everybody

I have a region free Panasonic E95 DVD recorder. The recorder has until now been working fine. But suddenly it refuses to play 80% of my region 2 DVDs. When I press “play” the screen say that “this Disc can not be played in your region”. :mad:

What can be wrong – had the recorder lost its region free status?

Smeicy

2. jesmat2003

jesmat2003
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Try changing the region setting manually - if the hack allows you to. If it's one of those hacks which automatically makes the machine region free then it sounds like the hack is knackered. As it's an E95 I would imagine the player is still within the retailer's warranty. Unless anybody has any better suggestions I'd contact the retailer for a replacement (assuming it's not from Techtronics) :rolleyes: .

3. Smeicy

Smeicy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, the machine is still within the retailer's warranty.

I bought the machine as region free – so perhaps something went wrong when they used the hack. Everything else seems to work just fine.

I hope they can run the hack again and fix the region setting – and return the same machine to me. It is absolute soundless when running so I would hate to get a new one with a noisy fan or HD.

4. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +352
    I think it's a fault with your player. I have a multi-region Pan 85 and have had no problems. I assume it's multi-region from the manufacturer, (though I may be wrong), as opposed to fitted by the retailer as Richer Sounds did I think. Stil, when you nuy a multi-region player you expect the player to automatically play any region. Phon the company you bought it from and ask for a replacement.

5. Smeicy

Smeicy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again

I just took the machine to the dealer and he ran the region free hack again. Now the machine works just fine on both region 1 and 2 DVD’s.

I am just wondering what suddenly went wrong. I actually think the problem appeared after I did a “reset to factory setting”. My dealer also suggested that this could be the problem. It just seems strange that the machine don’t reset to region 2.

I hope the problem has been solved – otherwise the dealer must make a replacement.

Cheers