Pana E85 Progessive/component Confusion!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by meck, Jan 23, 2005.

1. meck

meck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all - have been following boards for a bit and decided to up/sidegrade my old DVD kit with an E85.

Everything reasonably Ok but am having some progressive scan problems - or they may be "features", but can't find other references to them! It could also be an issue with my Pioneer 530HDE plasma...

Have setup the E85 Ok, except for the Progressive option - my test is - using split screen - S video on one side:component on other - when I switch ON the Progressive option on Pana the TV loses synch - however when playing a Region 1 disc (it's MR of course) it synchs at 480p Ok. As soon as I hit stop (i.e. go back to PAL I guess) the screen blanks and I have to go back to the S input to switch off progressive where the menus then reappear!!

Can anyone help?!?
    thanks, Ian

2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +388
    This might be a dumb question, but does the Pioneer accept pal progressive? :confused:

I also have the Pan 85 connected via component with prog scan enabled. This is hooked up to Toshiba's WL46 26" lcd tv. I have encountered no problems watching either Uk or USA dvds.

3. meck

meck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    that's part of the question I guess! - tried to find this before posting but couldn't see anything anywhere - seems a bit strange if it doesn't, but looking that way - guess if that's the case I'll have to start learning some Macro programming for the remote!!