pana dmr55

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by johnboy1967, Dec 7, 2004.

1. johnboy1967

johnboy1967
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got a pana 55 and seem to have a problem over connections.set up-
    jvc 28inch w/screen with 3 scarts
    pana 55 2 scarts
    philips freeview 2 scarts
    connected freeview tv scart to av2 of tv.connected freeview av out scart to pana av2.pana tv scart goes to av1 of tv.when you switch on the pana and press functions the display sometimes shows on av1 and sometimes av2 on the tv this happens whether the freeview is switched on or off.i have tried using different combinations of scart positions on the tv but it still shows on the two avs being used.

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +283
    The Freeview AV scart is probably designed primarily for connecting a VCR, so that when playing back a tape the signals would appear on the TV output of the Freeview box. This is somehow being triggered by the E55.

As you have a spare scart on the television you don't need this feature to view DVDs through the Freeview box so a better setup would be..

Freeview "TV" scart to E55 AV2. (Freeview box set to RGB output, E55 to RGB input)
    Freeview "AV" scart to television AV2
    E55 AV1 to Television AV1 (E55 Output set to RGB)

This will give the best possible record/playback quality with the E55 and allow watching of freeview while recording analogue from the E55 internal tuner.

3. johnboy1967

johnboy1967
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the alternative set up would surely mean that i would need to watch the freeview through the pana or watch on the tv direct from freeview through rf lead.this would mean a slight reduction in quality over the scart.

4. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +283
    I was assuming the Televisions AV1 is the one with RGB, in which case you have RGB Freeview pictures available even when the E55 is in standby.
    When the E55 is busy recording something different, you would still have composite Freeview on the television AV2.
    No need to use RF feed :)

5. morgs

morgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Have a look at the thread "newbie Panny E55 connection help"

I was given some great help there.

Different tv and digi box, but there may be some similarities.

Good luck! It's worth the hassle!

Morgs

6. johnboy1967

johnboy1967
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry johnjackthom i misread your post i have changed as you advised and it no longer jumps between av1 and av2.just need to find where the interference is coming from on the freeview through the scart,this happens whether the pana is switched on or off.

7. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,578
    Can you be a little more specific? Are you talking about interference over the Scart connection or RF circuit? What does the interference look like?

Regardless the fact it still has interference when the E55 is in standby suggests that this is not the problem. The obvious things to check are:
    - The Scart cable is not faulty and is fully RGB compatible
    - You are using good quality Scart cables
    - You have connected the TV out (RGB Out) on the Digibox to AV2 (the VCR out will not output RGB).
    - Your digibox and E55 AV1/AV2 are set to RGB.

8. johnboy1967

johnboy1967
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the interference happens through the scart and it is a slight image of the station the tv is on before the freeview switches it to the av.i noticed it when my daughter was watching cbeebies and the tv had been on channel5 before the freeview was switched on.the wright stuff was on channel5 and you could see the topic shown in the left hand corner moving left to right during cbeebies.i will try another scart to see if that is the problem,have already tried moving the freeview rf channel.

9. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +283
    Is the interference only there when viewing Freeview via the television AV2?

It could be crosstalk in the scart lead, which a better quality lead should fix.
    It's also worth looking on the TV for a switch or menu item to change the signal sent from the TV back down the scart from "Tuner" to "Monitor" (or something like this).
    Then the off-air signals won't ever be present on the lead to cause crosstalk.

10. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,578
    Definetly sounds like a Scart issue - buying a fully shielded, good quality Scart should solve the problem. It is well worth you spending upto £50 on a decent Scart cable (I recommend QED AV21) for both the Digibox > DVD Recorder and the TV > DVD recorder.