PANA DMR-EH50 Recording Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by steve1234X, Jul 4, 2005.

1. steve1234X

steve1234X
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am experiencing confusing problems with my new machine model EH50-EBS.On programming the HDD to record on a renewal basis at the same time each week, it often appears to record the correct programme and then record another programme, calling it the same name and dating it the same date, but its an entirely different programme. Has anyone had similar problems?

Also, does anyone know how to prevent the machine recording over a previous unwatched recording on HDD 'renewal' basis when recording the following weeks episode for instance? I couldnt believe the manual when i read that it does this. Its surely something Panasonic should improve as the whole idea of 'renew' function on programming is to record programmes you watch at the same time each week, but if you are away on hols say for a few weeks, the last thing you need is to find the units recorded over the first weeks programme!

Thanks
    Steve

2. ben223

ben223

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the solution to your <Also..> question would be not to set Auto Renewal. In that way, daily/weekly progs would remain on the HDD until you manually delete them. Essentially, Renewal recordings work on the assumption that you have watched/archived previous progs and thus the HDD doesn't get clogged up. Personally, I can't see much point to this since it really isn't much of a hardship to go through recorded Titles and delete them at leisure.

As far as your first prob is concerned, nothing like this has happened to me so I can't offer any assistance.