1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pana 700: I don't see any negative artifacts...anything wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by indyjones, Mar 23, 2005.

1. indyjones

indyjones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    So I took another look (2nd time) at the Pana 700 today......and....after all the posts I've read I was looking for VB and double shadows.....and...low and behold....nothing! Everybody seems to be complaining about these negativ artifacts on the Pana. How come I didn't see any? I watched the Spiderman DVD.....
    It didn't have the new 1.07 firmware update either, because the same PJ has been used for demos since before Christmas. What does that firmware do anyways? Some said it improved picture quality, others weren't sure.

So how come I'm not seeing what everyone else is seeing?
    I really liked the picture, especially the smooth screen!
    I was going to go with the Sony HS50 (maybe even the Sharp Z2000), but if the Pana 700 is just as good, I could save at least 800 Euros!

Indy :rolleyes:

PS: I was almost hoping to see VB today, to make my decision easier.....damn ;)

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    VB can be an elusive creature. It comes and goes without any rhyme nor reason. Go for a "warm" restart and a DVD with much mistyness and you may get a glimpse of this much maligned creature...PJ
    ;)

3. hebawom

hebawom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I remember reading that peoples machines were developing the serious VB problems after several hours of use (100 I think) but this was at the very start of production. Most people exchanged there PJ.
    I ordered the HS50 and was starting to regret it due to lots of negative comments. Started to regret it, until it arrived that is. Because its a lovely projector - I also found nothing in the negative comments made. Espically the low light output - absolutely no problem!

4. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. :)
    People often come on these forums for help with issues or to query something that "doesn't seem quite right". The happy majority either doesn't know it exists or don't continually spout about how great their machine is. (Oakley excepted... ;) ... soz Oaks, just messin! :D )

If you are waiting for a PJ that has no issues than you'll wait forever.

As someone so rightly said... come here, ask questions seek advice, buy your PJ... then never return again!

..PJ.:thumbsup:

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also, many shortcomings only become apparent after the initial "honeymoon" or "wow" factor(s) wear off. "Seasoned" PJ gurus live for these "deficiencies" :D .

If you demoed it & were happy with it, buy it ;)