Pana 42PZ70: info about the color??!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by gyru73, Sep 18, 2007.

1. gyru73

gyru73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I would like to know whether the 42PZ70 frame is TOTALLY BLACK or not. I can't figure it out from the panasonic website (the picture is not very clear), though it seems there is some GREY stripe in the bottom side. I know the 42PX70 is completely black, and I want to go for a 100% black TV.
    May be somebody who owns this baby can answer my question.

Beside that, I have two more questions in mind:

1-what you would recommend (42PX70 or 42PZ70) to watch standard free channel (with digital embedded decoder)

2-about the PX70: what happens if I connect a PC sending 1024x768? Does the image come stretched? Is there a workaround for that?

Thanks,
    gyru

2. coldashbin

coldashbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have the 50PZ70 and the frame is black. Only grey bit is, like you say, along the bottom edge.

3. mikemadforit

mikemadforit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw one today in Comet and its def Black, great looking unit quite wide with the speakers, the pedestal is a shiny black too.
    All the Comets appear to have them now (deliverys were last Friday), been into a few Currys and haven't seen any

4. kmpowell

kmpowell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Currys have them in their buildings but are unable to sell them yet.

I was in Currys on the weekend looking at small LCDs for my spare bedroom and I enquired if they were getting the PZ70(me being nosey!) - the chap (who was surprisingly knowlegable for a Currys employee!) said that he was unbale to sell me one even though they were upstairs, becasue they have yet to be put on the system due to excessive stocks of the PX70 theyt need to sell first, hence all the packages and deals they are offering on the PX70.

:)

5. jimbob_808

jimbob_808

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This must differ from region to region, as my local Currys store has had both 42" and 50" PZ on display for a couple of weeks now. :thumbsup:

6. steviea

steviea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

The Px 70 will probably give a better picture via freeview as it has to do less processing.

The native res of the tv is 1024x768 so your pc should be fine.

7. gyru73

gyru73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's the problem, my 1024x768 pc monitor in 4/3. What happens on sending the same signal on a 16/9 screen? I am quite sure the image must be horizontally stretched, I don't see any other possibilities...
    gyru

8. Chippy99

Chippy99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +518
    What's your graphics card? You can probably set up a custom resolution in the driver (or using Powerstrip) to change the aspect ratio.

Or if its only viewing movies that concerns you many popular PC based media players have aspect ratio control.

9. ALonDonThinG

ALonDonThinG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Well the PZ has a better processor and the SD is as good if not better actually.