1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pana 42" PWD5 Pedestal Stand

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by d_devani, Dec 6, 2002.

1. d_devani

d_devani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HELP
    Empire direct delivered the plasma 2 weeks ago still waiting for a pedestal stand... paid £112 for it(maybe that why).

Does anyone know of a place that has it in stock????????

2. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  3. Sparky101

Sparky101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    On a similar subject, is the Panasonic stand the only option or are there 3rd party manufacturers who make stands compatible with the Panny screens?

4. d_devani

d_devani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well I've not found anyone that does universal pedestal stands - and beleive me I have looked.
    For the Wallmounts unicol do them

5. j_smit

j_smit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unicol make desk stands as well although not anywehre near as good looking as the real Panasonic one

6. d_devani

d_devani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I finally got the panny stand this morning, definately worth the wait . Will post pictures as soon as i get round to taking some photos

7. Sparky101

Sparky101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Thank d_devani. Any chance you could post the measurements of the footprint of the stand as well? I'm just looking at AV Racks and want to make sure I get one big enough to fit a Panny if I go down that route. Cheers.

8. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,464
    sparky101

Alternative stands are available - have a look at www.sms.safebrackets.se; they cost a bit more but offer more height between the bottom of the display and your table top so you can sometimes slip a centre channel in below the display.

There are other 'universal' mounts out there - all of them usually have a 'universal' component with a plasma specific interface plate that you specify when ordering the mount.

Also remember to check the maximum load allowable on the top shelf of your chosen AV rack - not all shelves will take the weight of a plasma display; some manufacturers offer 'heavy duty' alternatives to standard HiFi shelves.

Best regards

Joe

9. d_devani

d_devani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sparky101

The Pedestal stand i got is a TY-ST05-S its not a rectangle like the ones I'd seen, its like a ( \__/ ) shape in the front.
    Anyway the width at the widest points is 80cm, the depth is 32.

regarding AV stands I got a Optimum av 300 its in glass, and can hold allot in weight, they sell them at John Lewis (to view), though you can get in cheaper over the net

10. Sparky101

Sparky101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks for the info. Is that the normal stand that Panasonic sell as the one in all the pictures is a rectangular one?

11. KBDVD

KBDVD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Sparky101,

The Pedestal Plinth that d_devani describes has now replaced the original rectangular version that used to be available. The style is like a slender version of the old model with an additonal "toe" or "foot" projecting forward at each end. (No doubt in order to maintain stability with the more slender styling) An alternative circular "PC monitor"style base is also illustrated in Panasonic's latest catalogue and is listed as suitable for the 50" screen.
    (I don't think that this one is generally available untill 2003 though)

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.