Question Pan. TX400-EX700B, connectivity Question

tybettaflies

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, recently purchased the above & am looking to read/display photos/videos from sd cards. So need an adaptor/cable(s)/whatever to input via the std, HDMI sockets (nos.2 or 3) on reverse of t.v. which is fed via a talktalk box, on swithch on, the set tells me, that internet content is unavailable.

Any suggestions would be most helpful, as Panasonic seemed unable to answer this & have spent hours trawling through ebay without any success.

Thanks All.

Hi, recently purchased the above & am looking to read/display photos/videos from sd cards. So need an adaptor/cable(s)/whatever to input via the std, HDMI sockets (nos.2 or 3) on reverse of t.v. which is fed via a talktalk box, on swithch on, the set tells me, that internet content is unavailable.

Any suggestions would be most helpful, as Panasonic seemed unable to answer this & have spent hours trawling through ebay without any success.

Thanks All.
If you are not using the built in tuner to the TV in order to use the apps you have to access them directly from the apps menu and not via Freeview play.

I'm not sure what this has to do with reading an SD card though? If the TV has no SD card slot you have to find another way to read it. Have a look at the rear, some TVs have them, some not. If it doesn't you'll have to find a device that does to plug in to the TV via HDMI.

Insulting towards others (mild)
Hi, I already mentioned that it was not possible to get to any of the "app's" with said talktalk box. Hence the reason for me joining this forum, as I am not in a position to either change the set, not that I want to anyway.

I'm not a fan of either Murdoch or Branson either, so putting money into their pockets is never going to happen. Hence the only option left to me, currently is this talktalk box or using the inbuilt one. I HAVE had "a look at the rear"b.t.w. & in fact have spent a considerable amount of time doing so. Hence my asking the above question(s).

I use a desktop p.c. with a 27" screen, which is my ONLY method of viewing said cards, but there are times that I would prefer to see them on a larger screen, albeit on more comfortable seating,

So it look's like I'll probably end up buying a tablet which will allow me to view card, maybe via a card reader which I've already got several, & connecting this into one of the 2 unused HDMI sockets. Unless of course, someone, somewhere out there has encountered & overcome a similar issue, which is the actual reason I joined this forum.

So please, read my question properly before posting stuff like that at me.

Have you thought about using a USB card reader and have that plugged into one of the USB ports?

You should be able to view photos/videos directly from the TV this way - forget wasting a HDMI port.

Re the USB ports there is one behind the cover below the three HDMI sockets at the rear of the set top left as you look at it,how do I know because I have the same model,and another two behind a second cover roughly in the middle on the right hand side this also houses the Ethernet socket

Last edited:
@tybettaflies
Excuse me, I read your post and tried to help you the best I could. Frankly your posts are confusing and I now have no idea what you are asking or trying to achieve.

Please obey forum rules and be polite to me or other users, if you don't your account will be threatened with suspension and further warning points will be given. Remember people post here to help you, if you do not like their responses you can take your ask for help elsewhere.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom