1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pan TH42PW6B

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Welshman, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Welshman

Welshman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to be another newbie asking the same questions but ive just ordered the screen yesterday and have a couple of questions

Ive ordered from Digital Direct - has anyone used them b4 and how is their aftersales?

At the mo ill be using RGB scarts from Sky and DVD (using decent Ixos leads) all via Vivanco switcher. Is this the ideal connections for the panny. I know that Component would be better for dvd but is it so much better that its worth the additional £130 for the terminal board?

Ive also read about sky signal going through a Scaler(?)to the VGA input? Does this give a dramatically better picture than RGB?

Has anyone noticed any Burn in probs with Sky Icons on the screen or playing playstaion games? Are there any solutions

Cheers

2. Rincewind

Rincewind
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my Panny from Digital Direct. It was delivered 9 days after ordering (which was fine for me). I've had no problems with it so I cannot comment on their after sales.

I use RGB scart from Sky+ and DVD, etc. via Quintro switcher and I have no issues with picture quality.

I have had no problems with any burn in from anything.

Enjoy your new toy when it arrives :)

3. Welshman

Welshman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks

I would have had the screen by now but the DD delivery lorry broke down halfway along the M4.
    Im trying to find out if a RGB to VGA lead will give a better qual pic than just RGB and if it will save my buying a Component terminal board to use with my dvd.