1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pan PD30 or Tosh PF2? Where to Buy?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by liamjf, Oct 23, 2003.

1. liamjf

liamjf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi, I'm after a new 36" TV and have decided on one of the above models. I would like to go somewhere in London to try these out for myself side by side (So you don't have to say which you think is best if you don't want!). I went to John Lewis today and they were pretty useless (didn't have a 36" panny, initially wouldn't connect up a dvd with component leads, picture still looked worse than my 6 year old phillips)
    i don't mind paying a few quid over the cheapest prices I've seen (Robertsons Online so far) but I would like somewhere where I can get a decent demo and talk to someone who knows what they are talking about before spending a grand and a half!
    Can anyone help/advise?

Cheers, Liam.

2. billybob

billybob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I reckon finding a helpful store is the main problem. Sadly, many of them dont realise how useful a good demo is unless you're spending 5 grand on a 50 inch plasma which coincidentaly is the only set that will have been setup properly! It seems that anything under a couple of grand is trivial.

36" TV's are even worse for getting anything demo'd. If they have to change any cable it requires 2 people to move 'em! I guess lethargy must set in!

3. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    One of the Shasonic stores on Tottenham Court Road had a 36" Panny which i demoed a few months ago. I popped in there a couple of times within a week and each time they had a different bit of kit connected to it - appears that they are willing to be helpful then. John Lewis Oxford St had a 36" Tosh and 32"Panny but the sales staff i dealt with were utterly useless and very unhelpful. Your best bet is probably an out of town Comet as the ones i was in a while ago often had both in 36". The service you get in there though will probably not be very good.