1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pan E85 stuck in "Self Check" mode

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by okcomputer331, May 8, 2005.

1. okcomputer331

okcomputer331

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi can someone please help.
    I powered up the unit and it is infinetly stuck in "self Check" mode. the only thing i can do is hold down the standby button, and it says "bye" as usual and goes to standby mode. when i press anything else it goes back to "self check". i can't eject the DVD-r that is in the unit (which i think caused the problem). Is there anyway of reseting the unit to get it out of this nightmare limbo land?

thanks

2. okcomputer331

okcomputer331

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its ok problem solved, i forced eject on he unit while in standby by pressing STOP and CH UP simlultaneously on the unit itself as per the manual. whatever the problem was with the bland DVD-R, once ejected the unit is fine.

Phew!

3. hightechhasser

hightechhasser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem with my DMR-EH52: Inserted a not readable DVD and the device showed only a stupid "SELF CHECK" and didn´t respond to anything.

Here is what I found out, how ot eject the Disk:

1. DON´T DISCONNECT THE DEVICE, "SELF CHECK" ist still displayed and the recorder is still searching for something it will never find...
    2. Press the "OFF"-Button on the recorder as long until the device will shut down into the standby mode. This may take a little while (about 10-20 seconds)
    3. On the recorder press the "Stop-Key" (black rectangular) and the "Channel-Up-Key (^) simultaniously and hold it for more than 5 seconds.

After a while the disc should be ejected.
    Good Luck.
    This should work on all devices of this series (DMR-EH50 /52 /60....)