1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pan E60 DVD RAM, Memory card reader. Cor Blimey.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Hawkis, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Hawkis

Hawkis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Evening All.
    Has anybody had experience or is currently regularly transferring photos to the Panasonic E60 (to DVD RAM) via the memory card slot in the front? I am attempting to but have hit a snag. I have been happily transferring jpgs from my puter to my CompactFlash card while inserted my Canon A70. I can upload to the card in the camera but the card will not write any jpgs to itself unless they were taken with the A70 and/or were edited after downloading to the puter. SO...I bought a memory card reader and installed it as an ectra drive/storage device and transferred the jpgs to the card with no problems. However, when I put the card into the E60 it tells me the card has 'no folder' although I've checked (and formatted the card in the E60) that the card had jpgs on it once transferred from my puter. I checked the manual and on page 12 there is the world's most complicated flowchart expalining how to transfer files, and file heirarchy. I am now at a loss as I've changed the card to FAT16, FAT32, and every other possible system you can think of but still without success.
    Any clues anyone?
    Thanking you in advance as always.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,213
    Not on the E60 but I have transferred digital photos from my Canon A70 (a great little camera IMHO) to the HS2 (essentially the same).

I've only done it once or twice but when I put the CF card in the HS2 there were folders in which the JPEGs were stored. I can't remember the precise setup - would you like me to post it? If so it will have to be Saturday as I'm away on work at the moment.

3. Hawkis

Hawkis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would be most grateful, it might clear my mind a bit. The file heirarchy is not difficult to comprehend in computer terms, but I cannot grasp what the A70 does that the reader (as a storage device, whereas the A70 is known to the puter as a camera) cannot/will not do. I can only imagine that the folder system from the card reader is not the same as the camera. I agree 100% that the A70 is definitely a most fantastic camera. I love it! Photostitch is pure genius. I have taken two prize winning photos with it already (let me know if you wanna see them and I shall supply) and I cannot think of any camera for the price that gets remotely close to quality and function as it. That was until I saw the new A80 of course....

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,213
    I picked one up as an early Xmas present for my Mother (she needs it for work). It really is a top piece of kit - even watching the images (taken on best resolution/high detail) on my 42" plasma they look fantastic. The 4MP A80 must look unbelievable!

Anyway I'll have a look Saturday and see if I can come up with anything useful.

5. Hawkis

Hawkis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spendid! In the mean time I'm off to find some computer nerds at Experts Exchange as I believe it is the file fomat of the card when used with the reader. See if I can format it as FAT12/16 or DCF. That should cure the problem I believe.