• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pan DMR 85 - Transfer of title info to DVD

Jaded

Standard Member
Hi. (Following previously given advice), I have used the 'playlist' facility to transfer one-by-one, a number of video sequences from hdd to dvd. Each sequence now appears on the dvd home page but without the text to describe the date and place. In the Direct Navigator facility the column containing the non-transferred info is headed 'Name of title'. Any thoughts? please.
T I A
J

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi. (Following previously given advice), I have used the 'playlist' facility to transfer one-by-one, a number of video sequences from hdd to dvd. Each sequence now appears on the dvd home page but without the text to describe the date and place. In the Direct Navigator facility the column containing the non-transferred info is headed 'Name of title'. Any thoughts? please.
T I A
J

I take it this is a non finalised DVD - if you can still see the disc contents in the direct navigator... If so , you still have the option to name each title by slecting the title and using the Sub menu button / Edit / Enter name.

You may find some useful pointers in this thread: See post No 10

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6045459#post6045459

Jaded

Standard Member
GT, - many thanks. I shall study that info yet again! I regret that the dvd was finalised, the Direct Navigator info I was referring to was on the hdd (but didn't transfer). As the Pan seems to be such a fine machine generally I am suspicious that I am missing something? I would assume that if one has a satisfactory video sequence on the hdd, including title details, then that would all transfer to archive on dvd?
J

Gavtech

Administrator
GT, - many thanks. I shall study that info yet again! I regret that the dvd was finalised, the Direct Navigator info I was referring to was on the hdd (but didn't transfer). As the Pan seems to be such a fine machine generally I am suspicious that I am missing something? I would assume that if one has a satisfactory video sequence on the hdd, including title details, then that would all transfer to archive on dvd?
J

Hi J

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what you have done... but to try and explain what I think may have happened I'll give a simple example.

Supposing you compile a simple playlist of either two titles from the hard disk [ or possibly just two chapters from different titles ] ... Unless you give the PLAYLIST itself a name, when it is carried forward and burned into a single title onto a DVD, that title will have no name.

Assuming you want the completed title to have a name, there are two ways you can deal with this.

1) Give the playlist a name before you burn it. That name will be carried forward and become the name of the title that the playlist has created on the DVD
[ To access this , when in the Playlists screen, select the playlist , press the sub-menu button, choose edit / Give name. ]

2) If you use advanced copy [ recommended ] you get an option at the point of burning, to copy only OR copy and finalise.
If you choose NOT to finalise, then once the Playlist are burnt onto the DVD, you can then name each title appropriately by selecting them in direct nav / sub menu / edit / give name.

Once all is as you'd like it, you can finalise by Ensuring the DVD drive is selected, and goto Functions / To others / Disc Management / Finalise.

Jaded

Standard Member
GT, - thanks again, your patience does you great credit. I accept that you are right and that I shall have to re-name. I am used to transferring files on the pc, where all ident info is retained. I have other questions, but I shall start new threads.
J

Gavtech

Administrator
I am used to transferring files on the pc, where all ident info is retained.

I suppose an obvious problem arises if you have a playlist that was made up of several titles - The newly created title cannot use all the names.

adebig

Prominent Member
Hi Gavtech

Is Jaded perhaps confusing a Playlist with a Copy List, where the title information would be retained?

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi Gavtech

Is Jaded perhaps confusing a Playlist with a Copy List, where the title information would be retained?

Hi Adrian

Yes - I suppose that is possible...but in that circumstance the names would be carried forward.

OIC - Having re-read Jaded's first post I seem to have misunderstood the problem.
It seems to be the loss of the additional data [ date and place] that J is bewailing... In which case - Sorry Jaded... This info is always lost.
It is only titles that are carried forward.

Thanks for pointing that out Adrian. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom