1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pan DMR-100H a Dummies Guide?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gliderpilot925, Oct 29, 2004.

1. gliderpilot925

gliderpilot925

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My DMR-100H is great for recording broadcast TV and I have actually managed to record digital video recordings, with sound, from a Sony camcorder (DV out,only) to a DVD-RAM disk, BUT although I can play the recorded DVD-RAM disk on the machine that generated it it doesn't play on (at least one other!) another DVD player.

Well, that was problem number one. Scanning through the previous recent postings I find that some people have been able to successfully edit their digital video on a DMR100H. I have found the Panasonic manual very difficult to understand but what I have gleaned from it is that if I record to HDD and dub to DVD the orginal recording is wiped as the dubbing takes place! I would like to distribute about half a dozen identical DVDs, of a sporting event, to friends and colleagues. So, firstly can anyone explain how I can do that and secondly, does anyone know where I can get a more easily understandable guide to the DMR100H as Panasonic Customer Support have not responded to my enquiry.
    Thanks

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,213
    The Panasonic records to two types of media: DVD-RAM and DVD-R (and to the HDD obviously). The former is incompatible with most DVD players: it's use on your recorder is as a Hard Disk Drive extension or for transferring your recordings to a PC. The latter, DVD-R, is the type of media you should use.

Record your DV footage to the HDD, use the 'Partial Erase', 'Playlists' and 'Divide' function to arrange/prepare your recordings and then use the 'dub' feature to copy to DVD-R. The original copy will remain safe on the HDD and you can dub digitally to DVD-RAM so you have a backup should you wish to make more copies later.

3. gliderpilot925

gliderpilot925

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. I went for what I thought was a more flexible medium (DVD-RAM) not realising its limitation.

Next question, then - Can the DVD-Ram disk that I have recorded be copied back to HDD. I cant seem to find that in the manual.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,213
    Yes - and the process is entirely digital so you can dub backwards and forwards between HDD and DVD-RAM as you see fit. Select the 'HDD' goto 'Functions' and select 'Dubbing'. It's more or less straight-forward after that.