1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pan A300 - HDTV compatible?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Captain chaos, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Captain chaos

Captain chaos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was just wondering what the state of play with regarding the Panasonic PTAE300 being future proof.
    I understand that HDTV and HDDVD are probably going to make an appearance in the near future and just wondered if the Panny is capable of handling it?

As far as I can gather HDTV is twice the resolution of normal TV. Normal NTSC signals are converted into 480 for the projector.
    Now the Panasonic has a 960 * 540 panel, 480 X 2 = 960. Does this mean that the Panny can handle 960P no problem?

2. gothmog

gothmog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's pretty much designed around downsampling HDTV 1080i (1920x1080) down to 960x540 (Quarter HDTV).

It'll also take 720P the other popular HDTV res (T2:EE etc).

So yes it's quite happy to handle analogue HDTV. It however is not HDCP compliant over DVI so a digital HDTV connection is not possible (not that it'd like the resolutions anyway ;) ).

Dunno about 960P ;)

-- Jon