Palm Springs (Amazon) Movie Review & Comments

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review Tom. That's more than enough for me to get onboard, not that I needed convincing. Been a long time coming, and I do love that this now appears to have become a genre of it's own.

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Sounds good; thanks for the review! :D

Perhaps one day there will be a "meta" timeloop film about moviemakers stuck in an uninspired rut, constantly remaking films based upon the same old hackneyed premise. All they have to do is come up with an original idea to break out of the cycle... :rotfl:

Plektrum

Been waiting for this one for a while and though I enjoyed it, it didn't feel like it lived up to the reviews and hype surrounding it. Maybe a further watch might be needed somewhere down the road but I also recently finished Russian Doll on Netflix and that felt like a slightly fresher and more interesting take on the concept.

Garioch

Distinguished Member
Nice - I was wondering when this would be available here. Thanks once again Tom for a great review. :)

stevos

Distinguished Member
Two ground hog day movies within a month or so, both on amazon.

I think Map of Tiny Perfect Things was a better movie but this was enjoyable. Some new twists, but not a lot. Had missed boss level, will check it out.

I think i would give it a 7.

Kinda harsh that they left the other guy behind at the end.

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
Two ground hog day movies within a month or so, both on amazon.

I think Map of Tiny Perfect Things was a better movie but this was enjoyable. Some new twists, but not a lot.

I think i would give it a 7.

Kinda harsh that they left the other guy behind at the end.
Watch the credits

stevos

Distinguished Member
I don't really get why in 2021 we still have credits. I assume they were originally there for advertisement of the people, to let other studio's know the names behind everything and not for hte general audience, but in the internet age with IMDB etc, does anyone really watch the credits to identify a makeup artist etc.

encaser

Distinguished Member
"...charming Cristin Milioti..."
She was a cheating, annoying and self-involved PIA for alot of this. She's kinda pretty (like a JLH knock off).
It's a good film that wanders somewhat though. which Andy/Akiva projects seem to unwaveringly manage.
Cristin Milioti's latest outing in the new HBO Max show Made For Love is pretty good.

Last edited:

Evinger

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the Review, Tom. We really enjoyed Map of Tiny Perfect Things, & generally enjoy these "Groundhog Day" Movies. Not dropped on Amazon.de yet, but will certainly give it a spin when it does!

stevos

Distinguished Member
Andy Samberg pretty much just played Jake Paralta in it, his acting skills are clearly not very broad.

jakimp

Distinguished Member
watched and enjoyed it - 8 agreed

stevos

Distinguished Member
The review mentions 'boss level' is it available to stream somewhere, as i cant' find it?

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
"...charming Cristin Milioti..."
She was a cheating, annoying and self-involved PIA for alot of this. She's kinda pretty (like a JLH knock off).
It's a good film that wanders somewhat though. which Andy/Akiva projects seem to unwaveringly manage.
Cristin Milioti's latest outing in the new HBO Max show Made For Love is pretty good.
I agree I had some like ability issues with the character after the reveal. However, her performance was good enough to get away with it. She wasn’t the traditional dotting, doe eyed female lead hanging on the guy’s every word that disappears at the end to allow the man to retrieve the situation as in normal films, which I found quite refreshing.

QuestShield

Distinguished Member
The review mentions 'boss level' is it available to stream somewhere, as i cant' find it?
Thought this was actually rather enjoyable.

stevos

Distinguished Member
It was a Hulu release in the US last month. I believe it's due out in the UK on 23rd April. But I don't know if that's been confirmed anywhere.

It's not getting good reviews, so no big loss. However I'm pretty much watching anything new at this stage.

Nutty667

I don't get this post credit scene stuff. Show the scenes you want to show before the majority turn it off.
Its just annoying.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Austrian Audio launches Hi-X65 headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku expands streaming content with Roku Originals
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for June 2021