Question Palit GTX 3070 and z77, P67A motherboard compatibility?

Inspiring

Hi All,

I have just got the Palit GeForce RTX 3070 GamingPro 8GB GDDR6 card - and I couldn't get the system displaying anything on the monitor. I wonder if there is any compatibility issue that you can think of?

1. Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4 with i7 2600k (PCI-E 2.0), 600W Be Quiet power supply - with both eight pins plugged in to the GFX card, four short beeps. No video. Replace the card with Nvidia GTX 680, boots fine.

2. Asus Sabertooth z77 with i7 3770k (PEI-E 3.0), Corsair TX750 power supply - first started giving out 1 long and 3 short sounds, and then changed to use other 8 pin power rails and now it boots for 20 seconds, then power shuts automatically. Inserting my Nvidia GTX 680, the PC still doesn't show anything and PC shuts after 20 seconds.

So does anybody have any thought? Thanks.

Both the below site shows that they should all be compatible. The GFX card should be 3.0 backward compatible.

Last edited:

Delvey

Distinguished Member
You should have no compatibility issues. Did you use DDU prior to installing? If not, reinstall the old GPU, use DDU in safe mode and then install new GPU

Inspiring

You should have no compatibility issues. Did you use DDU prior to installing? If not, reinstall the old GPU, use DDU in safe mode and then install new GPU
Thanks for your reply. It is strange that even I can't see both PC's bios, one is legacy bios the other one is EFI bios.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Thanks for your reply. It is strange that even I can't see both PC's bios, one is legacy bios the other one is EFI bios.
Strange situation you have. Maybe the new card is faulty.

Inspiring

Strange situation you have. Maybe the new card is faulty.

All sorted now for my Asus Sabertooth z77 - it turned out that my first attempt to reset the BIOS settings using jumper whilst having the PSU off (using on/off switch) didn't actually erase my BIOS settings.

I had to pull the cable out and then do the jumper BIOS reset, and then graphics come back on. Everything works fine now. Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom