1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pal60 to NTSC cable

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by termoPilucco, Mar 7, 2005.

1. termoPilucco

termoPilucco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hallo,
    I have to record (from analog source to digital) some videogame running in Pal60 format.
    The problem is that my PC capture card is not able to record it (it allows only standard Pal and NTSC) and it seems no DVD recorder can do directly this task.
    I asked in Newsgroups and i've learned that Pal 60 has Pal color encoding and NTSC refresh rate, so i have to convert Pal60 in NTSC and record it as native NTSC.
    The question is, where can i find a cable (or a converter if needed) to translate the color encoding from Pal60 to NTSC?

thanks in advance,
    termoPilucco

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    You will need a convertor, not a cable. NTSC to PAL convertors can be had quite cheaply (about £30), but PAL to NTSC is not so cheap. Take a look here - I would suggest the CAM-700, but it's £99.

3. termoPilucco

termoPilucco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for replying (and for linking), but it seems my problem still remains because (about CAM-700):
    "Please note that the output from a CAM-700 cannot be recorded to any recording device."

termoPilucco

4. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    could you not change the video mode on the console to ordinary pal just while recording? what console/game is it?

5. termoPilucco

termoPilucco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, i have a Ps2, a Gamecube and a Xbox ( all Pal) and i can play them in Pal 50 of course (with exception of a single PAL game - Metroid - that supports 60hz only).
    The problem is that i have to use and record (for video proof purpose) in 60Hz mode because i play some time attack games and is not fair to use 50Hz since all people that have NTSC (Japaneses and Americans, for example) can't use 50Hz (and playing slower is easier).
    So i was looking for a present and future (next generation consoles) solution independent from the console itself.

Now i have 3 choices:
    -I can buy all NTSC console (and games) and play and record it in native NTSC (expansive for the present, but for the next genaration).
    -I can use Pal consoles at 60Hz and record it in B/W (my PC capture device do that)
    -I can use Pal consoles at 50Hz and be unfair ;)

Anyway i'm sure some PC capture devices can record Pal60, so i think i'll move in that direction.

termoPilucco

6. cigir

cigir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I've the same problem I suppose. I have a Pany recorder in NTSC system and I'm trying to record TV signals from my DVR. I locate in Europe which means the TV signals are in PAL system and even I convert this signals to NTSC using my DVR; I cannot record. This is most probably the DVR is converting the PAL signal to PAL60, not NTSC.

Can you please let me know if you solved this problem?